Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
  • Welcome!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, where we keep the memory of Pontiac alive with great discussion, maintenance tips, restoration/modification progression "blogs" and help from professional & DIY mechanics. Also, wonderful competitions that occur regularly. Please register for an absolutely free account to join in!

Question

Hello, i have a 62 GP and my brake booster is dead , and of course you cant just get one? SO any suggestions on what i can use or will work? ive searched the innerweb and everyone has the same answer.." it should work?" well i tried that and it didnt , i do have brakes but also a cramp in my leg from stompin on the peddle lol. any info will be appreciated thanks

5 answers to this question

I had to have the master cylinder rebuilt in my 62 GP, because I could not find one. What about one from a Catalina?

62s are hard to find parts that fit. I tried to find rear shocks and did not have much luck. I bought two pairs that said they were for a 62 but they were to short  good luck

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Hey bud, not sure if this will help you or not but Ames Performance offers the brake booster rebuild kit. I've got a 63 GP and I replaced it with the universal one in the link below so I had a double bowl. JUSTA thought.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-7-Dual-Power-Brake-Booster-Center-Finned-Master-Cylinder-street-rod-gm-/273463516039?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49293

Brake booster rebuild kit.jpg

nice , the rebuild is out . but thanks for the info , was a little skeptical about a universal one ,.but may give it a shot thanks

Yes sir. Glad I could help.