Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
  • Welcome!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, where we keep the memory of Pontiac alive with great discussion, maintenance tips, restoration/modification progression "blogs" and help from professional & DIY mechanics. Also, wonderful competitions that occur regularly. Please register for an absolutely free account to join in!

Introduction of Jim Doskocil

High, I'm new member Jim Doskocil from Lubbock, TX.  I am an old-car guy that has bought, sold, traded, restored, and built-up many classic and muscle cars over the past 50 years.  As far as Pontiacs, I started out with my first car as a 1951 Chieftain.  Later a 1962 Grand Prix, 1963 Le Mans convertible, 1963 Le Mans coupe built-up for dragstrip bracket racing, another 1963 Le Mans convertible restored, and finally a 2009 G6 hardtop convertible.  The majority of my heavy interest cars and trucks were GM because I spent 1-1/2 years in the GMI college in Flint, MI after high school, but got my engineering degree at UT Arlington, TX.  I had for a few years an auto hobby shop in Italy, TX, but moved to Lubbock 5 years ago and now just have two classics in my residence garage... a '56 frame-off Chevy 210 cruiser and a '99 Mustang Cobra with Procharger supercharger. 

JD's Photo.gif

2009 G6 White Beige 70K Miles Atlanta Used Cars Angle Shot.jpg

'56 Chevy MN.png

Lt, Profile.JPG

'63 Le Mans Coupe, 1995.JPG

Side, Lt, House behind #1, 2014.JPG

• Like 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

:welcomeFP:

Great collections of cars you’ve had there!

Welcome, nice collection 

Nice collection of memories.  Welcome to the site.

21 hours ago, JDG6GT said:

I spent 1-1/2 years in the GMI college in Flint, MI after high school

Hi Jim, welcome 🙂. Shout out to a fellow GMI (for me, Kettering) person (what was your declaration? I started EE and switched to CS). Love the pictures of your collection!

I declared Mechanical Engineering, but after 1-1/2 years there, I lost interest in the program because I wanted to be a "broad" mechanical engineer.  Every example they used in their classes was always related to a "car."  They were trying to gear your thinking to thinking about cars all the time, sort of like how the Army or Marines "break you down and rebuild you into a 'military' man."  I wasn't cut from that "moldable" cloth.  I inherited too much stubbornness from my Dad.  I got my mechanical credentials from UT at Arlington, TX and became a Texas registered professional engineer (PE) by national test and lots of experience with the USAF in design and construction of mechanical systems for facilities.  the cars became a pleasing hobby though.