Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

redgoat's 1967 GTO

2021 January
of the Month

• Welcome!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, where we keep the memory of Pontiac alive with great discussion, maintenance tips, restoration/modification progression "blogs" and help from professional & DIY mechanics. Also, wonderful competitions that occur regularly. Please register for an absolutely free account to join in!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With that mild cam, that procedure probably worked ok.  If you want to be certain, then it takes two complete revolutions of the engine.  Pull the rocker covers, turn the engine over by hand using a s

Double check your pushrods for straightness.  Rolling them on a flat piece of glass works really well.  If one wobbles at all, you know it's bent. Keep everything in order so you can reinstall in

It's very common for your 60 year old harmonic balancer to be off due to slippage and the old rubber.  But doesn't rule out timing gear/chain probs. Too much slack will alter timing and may not have j

Posted Images

The first picture is the ground strap to engine. The second is the ground strap to body. Can a ground strap actually go bad? Could they be to small? They measure 10" long but only 1/4" wide?

ground strap to engine.jpg

ground strap to body.jpg

6 hours ago, Ringo64 said:

Mmmm that looks good. Screw those hot temps though :lol: 

i recon!! its like living in :rofl: 

5 hours ago, TWO LANE BLACK TOP said:

you can certainly bring the keg two lane! it was my first day back at work and i am over it already ! HAHA

tell me about whats in the jars ????

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
31 minutes ago, Wrongway said:

The first picture is the ground strap to engine. The second is the ground strap to body. Can a ground strap actually go bad? Could they be to small? They measure 10" long but only 1/4" wide?

ground strap to engine.jpg

ground strap to body.jpg

they sure can, looking at those measurements its quiet bad, they both should be well below zero , after all its just a bit of wire the power should be able to get from one end to the other with next to no resistance.

one trick you could try Wrongway is to clean up the crimps and solder the crimp only, or justA buy some new ones 

my 64 has the same earths, what i am going to fit is a earth strap the same size as the positive lead is that runs to the starter from battery straight to the block. and then a 6mm strap from motor to body but using new stuff. 👍

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 1

This is what i will use its about 3/8 and i will solder flat eyelets on both ends, i dont trust crimps:) and this is pretty much justA for the current draw that the starter pulls👍

B55F639A-9175-407F-A9AC-B5849ACB8308.jpeg

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 1

So my ground from the battery to the engine is 2AWG. The same size as from the battery to starter. Would that be good for the grounds also or is that to big? I don't care about ordering new straps and soldering on the ends. I just want whichever will be better. Is it possible for the ground strap to be to big?

Battery ground cable.jpg

Edited by Wrongway
4 hours ago, Wrongway said:

So my ground from the battery to the engine is 2AWG. The same size as from the battery to starter. Would that be good for the grounds also or is that to big? I don't care about ordering new straps and soldering on the ends. I just want whichever will be better. Is it possible for the ground strap to be to big?

Battery ground cable.jpg

I don’t see any harm in it being that size mate .... have you ohms tested that cable from the battery to the engine ?

• Like 1

Ok great guy's thanks. So I'll order some ends for this cable and use it for new grounds. No Kiwi I didn't pull the negative from the battery to block yet. I will bro. I kind of got distracted teaching my son how to use the bench grinder and watching how safe he was.

• Haha 1

Ok great guy's thanks. So I'll order some ends for this cable and use it for new grounds. No Kiwi I didn't pull the negative from the battery to block yet. I will bro. I kind of got distracted teaching my son how to use the bench grinder and watching how safe he was.

good on ya mate :cheers:

good on ya mate :cheers:

two lane, you have me fascinated about whats in the jars... you JustA have to tell me about them  🙄:cheers:

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 1

Now that’s pretty cool two lane 👍

sooo, I am guessing very strong brew ? 

Do you drink it straight 🍻?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, TWO LANE BLACK TOP said:

At least 100 Proof...

I generally don't drink alot..But when I do... Straight is the only way to drink it...It is definitely not for the faint of heart..!!

Gees I bet it is 🍻👍👍👍

• Like 1
4 hours ago, TWO LANE BLACK TOP said:

If you ever make to North Carolina..We will crack open a jar...🍻

oh watch out Two lane i may very well take you up on that offer :cheers:

The boss already likes my idea to road trip it from Chicago to Pontiac  :cheers:  

............When everything gets back to normal that is🙄...2024 !!! ish maybe and we are aloud to fly again🙄

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 1