Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Carburetor Question

I just bought 3 quadrajet carbs and a  9799068 dated e110 manifold for my 1970 pontiac.  One Rochester carburetor is from a 1970 455 Buick (7040240) rebuilt and working.  Does anyone know if that will work on a 1970 pontiac 400 xh block with #13 heads and a 068 cam?  The motor is going in my 70 Catalina convertible to go cruising.

The others are...

7029262 Carter and it's missing some parts and a 17057202 Rochester with an electric choke complete.

Thanks for the help.

• 3 weeks later...

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Sorry for the delay KellyT70 - I just say your post. It got buried it would seem.

My preference would be to use the Buick carb. It's complete, it works, and like Pontiac-based quadajets, it has the fuel line in the center. The 17057202 is a Chevy truck/Monte Carlo/Vette carb and Chevy carbs have the fuel inlet offset to the passenger side, forcing you to make a new fuel line from the fuel pump.

The Buick carb was widely used in the Buick 455 but was also used in some Buick 350 applications as well. You should be okay.