Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

dues70's 1970 Pontiac Bonneville

2020 July
of the Month

• Welcome!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, where we keep the memory of Pontiac alive with great discussion, maintenance tips, restoration/modification progression "blogs" and help from professional & DIY mechanics. Also, wonderful competitions that occur regularly. Please register for an absolutely free account to join in!

KellyT70

Carburetor Question

Question

I just bought 3 quadrajet carbs and a  9799068 dated e110 manifold for my 1970 pontiac.  One Rochester carburetor is from a 1970 455 Buick (7040240) rebuilt and working.  Does anyone know if that will work on a 1970 pontiac 400 xh block with #13 heads and a 068 cam?  The motor is going in my 70 Catalina convertible to go cruising.

The others are...

7029262 Carter and it's missing some parts and a 17057202 Rochester with an electric choke complete.

Thanks for the help.

1 answer to this question

Sorry for the delay KellyT70 - I just say your post. It got buried it would seem.

My preference would be to use the Buick carb. It's complete, it works, and like Pontiac-based quadajets, it has the fuel line in the center. The 17057202 is a Chevy truck/Monte Carlo/Vette carb and Chevy carbs have the fuel inlet offset to the passenger side, forcing you to make a new fuel line from the fuel pump.

The Buick carb was widely used in the Buick 455 but was also used in some Buick 350 applications as well. You should be okay.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!