Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Rocker cover racers

Do any of you guys do rocker racing at your events?

And if so, do you want to share some tips ?

i have been doing this for a number of years and had lots of fun building and racing them :cheers:

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I've seen them at the national conventions but not at our local events. The Boys Scouts host build pine wood derby cars usually in the winter. Similar idea. I will have to see if I can find a picture of Jacob's GTO pinewood derby car.

• Founders
58 minutes ago, Frosty said:

The Boys Scouts host build pine wood derby cars usually in the winter.

Did this a long time ago when I was in the scouts. Good fun. Probably the thing I enjoyed most :lol: 

42 minutes ago, Ringo64 said:

Did this a long time ago when I was in the scouts. Good fun. Probably the thing I enjoyed most :lol: 

Enjoyed most?  Was  the reason to join. :rofl:

These are mine and the bosses rocker cover racers, we have had a lot of fun running these at rod runs and even at the Nationals 

i used a straight 6 gmh cover and the boss used a holden v8 one.

hers runs skate board wheels inboard style and i went with a custom skate board bearing front and hand made rear wheel set up ( no lathe job)🙄

I am  running a plum crazy paint job and the boss went with a tampax theme !!:o hence the cord! both at the max weight of 10 pounds max weight under international rules :) 

If anyone is keen on sharing specs i am always keen to make speed improvements, 

my rocker cover racer.JPG

bosses rocker cover.JPG

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Like these guys do...

i am interested in what these wheels are in this vid, you computer guys must know!!!🙄 are they hard drive disc's ?🤨

• Founders
7 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

i am interested in what these wheels are in this vid, you computer guys must know!!!🙄 are they hard drive disc's ?🤨

If I had to guess I would say a hard drive disk. Maybe a 2.5"?

Have my mom searching for my pinewood derby car, it's somewhere in their house :lol: . I'll post pics if she finds it. 

11 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

I have no idea, but LOOKS like CD's glued to bearings on the backside. You can see it on the front wheel of the racer on the right.