Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

The Grand Prix's appraisal is in!

Recently my parents and I had our cars appraised for updated insurance values, and in the case of my father's car, a proper value for insurance as it had recently been caught in a hail storm. Tonight the reports were dropped off, and as soon as I got home from school I read through the GP's. I was very pleased to see it got 'Very Good' in nearly every single item on the list. The two higher options were more for cars that were perfect restorations or those that had barely been driven, and had only seen the inside of a garage since they were new.

Anyway, I got to the last page which had the value listed, and it was a big surprise. In a good way.

$4900. I'll take it!

;)

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I had to have my Parisienne evaluated when I bought it last spring before they would let me plate it. The gov't needed to make sure they got as much sales tax money as they could. Cost me $125 for a report of $500 that they used to charge me $4.00 tax against. But ... knowing why i needed the report, they guy did admit to lowballing it with nitpicking. Normally on a car this age, the sagging headliner and non-functional seat rails would be ignored. Guy wished me the best of luck with my 'project car *wink wink*'. Good thing he 'forgot' to have me start it.

• 2 months later...