Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

onetrick56's 1964 Grand Prix

2020 September
of the Month

• Welcome!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, where we keep the memory of Pontiac alive with great discussion, maintenance tips, restoration/modification progression "blogs" and help from professional & DIY mechanics. Also, wonderful competitions that occur regularly. Please register for an absolutely free account to join in!

1963 Pontiac Catalina full front end suspension rebuild

I want to do a front end rebuild but the parts are hard to find for a 1963 Pontiac Catalina what other cars are interchangeable that I could buy parts from

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/21/2020 at 12:28 AM, Frosty said:

Frosty, thats a reallly good price for a whole front end kit, would it fit a 64 ?

i did email ames and they dont have a 64 kit, they would sell me all the parts but not as cheap as this Kanter kit for a 63

Kiwi, it should. The third generation Bonneville and Catalina ran from ‘61 to ‘64.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

thanks Sprint 6

this front end kit is like 300 notes cheaper than ames quoted me and my only concern was if it would fit my 64 :cheers:

cheers ! 

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 1
On 5/7/2020 at 11:19 PM, Frosty said:

Kiwi, it should. The third generation Bonneville and Catalina ran from ‘61 to ‘64.

frosty, do you think this is the right kit for my 64 bonneville ?

https://www.kanter.com/productdetail.aspx?DeptNo=1600&MakeName=Pontiac&MakeYear=1964&CategoryID=39&ProductCode=1800&Router=Gallery

there is 2 others kits that talk about king pins!!! my one is ball joints, what had king pins ???🙄

Saturday here, worked all day, just got into my office ( 5.50pm) and am buggered . looking forward to a nice slow mothers day tomorrow :cheers:oh and a beer cheers guys!!:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

On 5/8/2020 at 10:47 AM, SPRINT 6 said:

FWIW;                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               We did a full suspension overhaul on the '63 TEMPEST with a KANTER kit over 20 years ago and everything is still going strong.

49868270746_a3f4788a20_c.jpg

sprint 6 , thats a really cool colour on your 63 👍

what engine?

A Trophy-4!!!!!! Yes! :pontiac: