Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Praxus's 1965 Lemans

2020 May
of the Month

• Welcome!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, where we keep the memory of Pontiac alive with great discussion, maintenance tips, restoration/modification progression "blogs" and help from professional & DIY mechanics. Also, wonderful competitions that occur regularly. Please register for an absolutely free account to join in!

New to this forum and this is my first post.  I have a 1968 Verduro Green GTO coming back from a body off restoration in the next couple of weeks.  I can hardly stand the wait.  Fifty years ago in high school, drawing pictures of the '68 Goat kept me awake in class for three years.  School was easy and boring but the GTO was interesting and gorgeous.  Although I have several interesting cars as well as a superb daily driver, the '68 Goat was always my favorite design of all time.  I bought a nice driver about 10 years ago, and when I started seeing some small rust bubbles appear under the paint soon afterwards, and since I had a tenant who was restoring  a car for my best friend's son, I decided to let him take apart my car to see what's what.  After the car was completely taken apart, the guy left and the car sat for several years, disassembled.  About a year and a half ago, I got a new body shop tenant who agreed to restore the car in exchange for rent.  The car was supposed to be done by the end of last year but there was more rust repair and metal replacement.  The car is in the paint booth now and should be out of paint by next week, afterwhich the interior goes back in and it gets test driven.  I pretty much left if stock as I always loved it as it first appeared, however, I did add 4 wheel disc brakes and 17" wheels and tires.  I'll post photos when it comes out of paint.  As stated I have a few interesting cars including my daily driver, a 600hp 2010 Jaguar XKR (just a beautiful, reliable, quick DB9 look alike with better performance), my weekend canyon carver, a restored/modified '72 De Tomaso Pantera (a 500+hp missile powered go cart that's Nascar loud), a 2002 Jaguar XKR convertible for open top cruising, a 1978 Datsun 280Z that I've owned from new and will undergo its 3rd restoration after the GTO is done, a '58 Corvette undergoing a restomod complete restoration now which will take a few more years.  Below are a few photos.

I'll report back after the GTO is available.

DSCF8217 (1280x960) (1024x768).jpg

DSCF8994 (640x480).jpg

DSCF0522 (1280x960).jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

:welcomeFP:

Quite an amazing collection of cars you got there! Look forward to seeing more on the goat!

• Like 1

Spoke to the shop owner today, and he told me that my Goat will be out of the paint booth by Tuesday afternoon, next week.  I told him "I hope so as I'd like to drive it before I'm dead from the virus or otherwise."  I'll be at the shop Tuesday afternoon with camera in hand, so hopefully that evening I'll have some new pictures of a completely painted GTO.  Heavy, heavy anticipation....

• Like 1

Looks great!

Looks great. Take real good care of that paint.

Welcome!

Beautiful paint! 😃

Lookin good, like the rims too.

Thanks everyone.  I can barely wait to be driving it.  When we added disc brakes I had to upsize the wheels a bit.  I wanted something that still look classic and somewhat period correct but thought the gold would look good against the green paint.  I really like the way they look.  Next stop, a real test drive.

Thankz for the update, lookin good.

So what size tires and wheels did you end up with?

225 40 17 fronts

235 60 17 rears

• Thanks 1