Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Average gas price in US drops to $1.99: AAA

FeedBot

Gas pumpThe national average for a gallon of gasoline dropped to $1.99, AAA announced Tuesday. It's the first time in four years that average prices for gas fell below $2 due to two global problems. The global coronavirus pandemic has suppressed oil demand and a crude oil price war between Saudi Arabia and Russia have combined to lower crude oil to less...

View the full article

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Friday I went grocery shopping (🤯) and when I drove by the Shell I usually go to (I'm south of Flint, MI) I saw prices were $1.99 for regular (price for regular in my area has been, for quite a while, over $2.20-$2.30/gallon). After I got back home and unloaded from shopping, I took the truck out and filled her up. Was only at a half a tank but at that price...

I was talking w/ my wife's dad (who is in the Midland, MI area) and he said regular, for them, was currently going for right around $1.50/gallon (and I thought $1.99/gallon was a good price).

With the "Shelter In Place" order Michigan has, my wife and I have been pocketing a lot of extra $$ lately as our fuel line item in our monthly budget has hardly been touched.

On one hand, the "shelter" orders that have gone out throughout the country are good (from a financial view) in that people are saving more (can't go out anywhere to spend) but on the other hand it's bad because economies are stalling. This makes me very curious to see how much the (both local & national) economy surges once these "shelter" orders have been lifted. I am theorizing that many, many people are going to be like, once the orders are rescinded, a sailor who just got out of the service and has been saving their military pay for the past two years... eateries, especially, I think will be absolutely PACKED!

Awesome under 2.00 ga prices and both cars are full.  I have 1.00 off in points for Kroger waiting to be used but...... always fill my gas cans too as I can buy up to 35 gallons at that price.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Gas is down to $1.79 around me as of yesterday. Still a shame that I don't really need any.

This is when I wish I had put in the ground tank! I would fill it up to the top! Oh yah, that’s right I couldn’t! City regulations and all, dah!!

we are paying $2.19 per litre. = $8.29 gal :o

can anyone send me a drum or 2 @ your prices !!! oh, and add 100% just for a nice kick back :cheers:

i dont mind, it will still be wayyyyy cheaper 🤑:cheers:

Edited by 64 kiwi boni

I know what you mean kiwi. I live less than an hour from Canada (about the only place in the US where Canada is north, south, and east of you). I have several Canuckistani friends. They are complaining that their price per liter has just now fallen to under $1 Canadian. It's about 79 cents at the moment. I know you'd still take it! But you can understand why they still flock across the border to buy way cheaper American gas.

Gas was 1.35....unreal.   Store opens to seniors and high risk @ 7:30am.   Whole store has been sanitized and they even hit the cart as they pass it out.  All new product was restocked overnight (what was available). Kinda funny walkin around with maybe 30 people in the whole store. Won't need to venture out for another 2 weeks or longer.

1 hour ago, JUSTA6 said:

Gas was 1.35....unreal.   Store opens to seniors and high risk @ 7:30am.   Whole store has been sanitized and they even hit the cart as they pass it out.  All new product was restocked overnight (what was available). Kinda funny walkin around with maybe 30 people in the whole store. Won't need to venture out for another 2 weeks or longer.

Copy that! Same deal hear! Yeah! Oh! Well maybe not!😷