Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

whats everyone doing during the lock down

Technically JUSTA, a chicken coup is a form of a she-shed! :rofl:

Yeah, were's Remi? He's such a gooood boooy!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

On 4/27/2020 at 10:24 AM, JUSTA6 said:

OK... Chicken coupe or SHE shed???  Might wanna sheshier she shed before this is done.  And how come the dog is not all over this?  :lol:

I guess its more of a she said shed,Chicken? yes i am. LOL Remi pic

IMG_1936[1].PNG

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

I was very disappointed to wake this morning to the news that New Zealand  has covid 19 back in the community after a straight run of 100 days of none😥

the Government has put Auckland into level 3 lock down, making everyone stay at home and the rest of nz to a level 2 social distancing and no groups more than 100

and we have to wear masks again🙄

On the up side, if they put us into level 4 i will be working on the 64 again 😄...............

while my business goes broke!! 😞

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

not sure Ringo, for the last few months only nz visa holders have been aloud back in to the country, other than that no one has been aloud into nz.( everyone gets quarantined for 14 days too)

but the nasty bugger has slipped in and they found it in a family of 4 in Auckland, 

now i hear on the radio, same old things, panic buying, ppl running around with their hands in the air screaming the sky is falling etc ! media having a feild day, with elections in 40 days etc

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 1

• Founders

Bummer! Tricky SOB it is. Was hoping you islands could keep it at bay. 

Sad news here in Florida, we've been under 10k positive cases now for about a week and that's been a real milestone. Hate to see what's going to happen when winter hits and the snowbirds (people who come down to escape the winter) come down. Really need them to spend cash as our state is high dependent on tourism but don't want them to spread the virus more.

• Like 1

I am hearing you Ringo, as soon as the media let us know Auckland was going into lock down, Aucklanders started heading south too Taupo, to their holiday homes to get away from lock down!!!

Major red flag too me, they could be bringing this thing to my town and family !!! 😡

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ringo64 said:

Bummer! Tricky SOB it is. Was hoping you islands could keep it at bay. 

Sad news here in Florida, we've been under 10k positive cases now for about a week and that's been a real milestone. Hate to see what's going to happen when winter hits and the snowbirds (people who come down to escape the winter) come down. Really need them to spend cash as our state is high dependent on tourism but don't want them to spread the virus more.

From what i have read from the "who" there is no real difference in numbers between winter and summer,and i know places like Orlando and disney world will want punters to come along and spend money.

but we dont get too much info on Florida here.

it sucks mate, and i truly hope our scientist get there vaccines sorted asap🙄  

i have watch wayyy too many si-fi movies over the years to understand what will undo mankind. 😔 i never thought it would REALLY happen.🙄

I know you and i talked about our elderly parents, and today in nz they locked down every rest home to protect the oldies... which i though was a great idea 

back in march we lost a lot of our older generation to covid thanks to family bringing it into the rest homes😥

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Sad 1

Here in nz i am classed as an essential worker being a plumber gas fitter, and i had heaps of trouble getting ppe ( personal protective equipment) back in march so i could do my job.

The government would only let me do "emergency work" and what fun i had just to do my job, this virus ( according to my plumbers board) can be air born in sewer systems, and for a guy like me to repair anything like a sewer pipe, or change a toilet i need to be in full ppe ! 

back then in march, i had to work all my contacts just to get the ppe to protect me, BEFORE i could do a job.!

And today the first thing i did after hearing the news was i headed to my ppe shop.... sold out.. less than 24 hours after the news had hit !

new stock 4 weeks away ! (sweet as mate 😡)

I then thought out of the square and went to my electrical supply shop and they had everything i needed 👍

Taupo IS a small town, so i am always struggling to get shit🙄

• Like 2

same old things, panic buying, ppl running around with their hands in the air screaming the sky is falling etc ! media having a feild day, with elections in 40 days etc

Here in the states, that's a normal Tuesday. My wife has been work-from-home since (around) March and very likely will not be going back to the office before the end of the year if at all - her company is now thinking about being 100% work remote (which is great for our monthly budget when it comes to gas for the cars).

It's interesting lately in that you can tell what products are non-American made. I've been trying to get auto detailing supplies for the past few months (a certain polish I use and a some buffing pads, specifically) however the manufacturers have been sold out for, again, months. Guess the polishes and pads are stuck at the California port waiting for entry 😒

Edited by Stewy
  • Like 1

I think the snowbirds from northern states with mask mandates in place like New York and Michigan won't have an issue wearing marks or freak out. It's the more liberal states that have failed to instituteituite some sort of mask mandate that you have to worry about. So you are going to have a mixed bag of snowbirds. Now the interesting thing is this -  will they be allowed to come to Florida without having to do a 14-day self-quarantine?

One thing I had not expected in this pandemic was a shortage on coins. Everywhere I go these days, I see signs about asking for exact change or using credit/debit cards because the stores or restaurants are short of coins. Heck banks that never use to accept hand rolled coins are now accepting them just to get them back into circulation! Go figure.

• Like 1

• Founders
4 hours ago, Frosty said:

I think the snowbirds from northern states with mask mandates in place like New York and Michigan won't have an issue wearing marks or freak out.

Logically, that makes sense Frosty but one thing that this pandemic has shown me is that logic and common sense have gone out the window. I have heard of quite of few incidents at Universal and Disney World (which you have to wear a mask to be at) of people from states with mandates, etc... stating "This is my vacation. I don't want to do this on my vacation." etc... Simply because you're on your vacation doesn't mean the virus is not going to infect you.

4 hours ago, Frosty said:

Now the interesting thing is this -  will they be allowed to come to Florida without having to do a 14-day self-quarantine?

Back in May when we had road blocks into our state to screen for New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, and other epicenters to inform them to do so, people were just driving around them. Either getting off the exit before or driving off road to go back to the exit before (I kid you not). Poor planning by whoever setup those roadblocks. I'd have a cop waiting and fine people who did that.

Then people who flew in from anywhere were supposed to quarantine for 14 days. 

My Dad has always said how do you enforce that quarantine? You can't really. Sure, law abiding and community conscious individuals like you or I will certainly abide by it but I would say people like you or I are not the ones spreading this thing. 

Alright, done with my rant of the whole stupidity that is this pandemic response of individuals :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Ringo64 said:

Logically, that makes sense Frosty but one thing that this pandemic has shown me is that logic and common sense have gone out the window. I have heard of quite of few incidents at Universal and Disney World (which you have to wear a mask to be at) of people from states with mandates, etc... stating "This is my vacation. I don't want to do this on my vacation." etc... Simply because you're on your vacation doesn't mean the virus is not going to infect you.

Back in May when we had road blocks into our state to screen for New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, and other epicenters to inform them to do so, people were just driving around them. Either getting off the exit before or driving off road to go back to the exit before (I kid you not). Poor planning by whoever setup those roadblocks. I'd have a cop waiting and fine people who did that.

Then people who flew in from anywhere were supposed to quarantine for 14 days. 

My Dad has always said how do you enforce that quarantine? You can't really. Sure, law abiding and community conscious individuals like you or I will certainly abide by it but I would say people like you or I are not the ones spreading this thing. 

Alright, done with my rant of the whole stupidity that is this pandemic response of individuals :lol: 

Ringo, i feel just like you, where is the common sense?, wouldn't you think any normal human would think about it and just go,geees i need to look after mine and my family's health ??

its so sad to see all over the world, people trying to cut corners to do what they want to do, and not listen to the people who KNOW how to stop this virus.

just wrong. 

Mate, this whole thing is just like a bad movie! kind of like watching the Chernobyl disaster. what a bloody mess!🙄

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Stewy said:

Here in the states, that's a normal Tuesday. My wife has been work-from-home since (around) March and very likely will not be going back to the office before the end of the year if at all - her company is now thinking about being 100% work remote (which is great for our monthly budget when it comes to gas for the cars).

It's interesting lately in that you can tell what products are non-American made. I've been trying to get auto detailing supplies for the past few months (a certain polish I use and a some buffing pads, specifically) however the manufacturers have been sold out for, again, months. Guess the polishes and pads are stuck at the California port waiting for entry 😒

Stewy, that is just shocking mate, what the hell is wrong with people?.🙄

The interesting thing like your wife is going through is here lots of business are shutting down there offices and have all their workers on contract from home.....

glad i am not a commercial landlord !😢

or own commercial property in nz.

There is  going to be a lot of empty building in the main city's the way things are going.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So today i am working at home today, and i just had to tell you guys!

my lovely wife is spinning her wheels over a whole new concept!

Today she had her groceries delivered!🙄

hahaha, she claims she will never have to go to a grocery store again!... $8 to deliver... i kind of agree with her, you cant start your car drive to town walk around a store getting what you need( and sometimes what you dont need !!) load in the car, would take a least an hour of your day.

Is this the future!!!:stars:

• Haha 1