Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Wiring question for my 55.

I have a wiring diagram for the 55 Pontiac that I'm redoing.  It shows the following wires connecting to the starter but does not show which terminals to connect them to.  Help please.

1.  Neutral safety switch to starter.

2.  amp gauge, fuse and B terminal of horn relay to starter.

3.  coil to starter.

4.  battery.  At least I know which one it goes to.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I found the '57 wiring diagram. I am hoping that it's close to your '55 wiring. Ignition switch is towards the lower right.

image.thumb.png.688eae02fc06986bb153c60d0879f286.png

Dash switch but the 57 at least shows the terminals.  My diagram has the junction box next to the starter as well.  My 55 had no junction box that I know of.

Dash switch - makes sense. I figured that was what you were looking for. I was not able to find a 55 or 54 diagram online. The 57 Pontiac was the closest thing I could find.

Now if someone has the 55 manual, well that would be even better.

Don't know if this will help or not...Don't have a manual for a Pontiac..But I do for a 1955 Buick...Alot of GM cars share the same electrical parts and the circuits are laid out very similar or in alot cases they are the same amongst the different brands.. Anyway maybe this will help..

15844860292221595783518443033258.jpg

15844862510162989131828601951782.jpg

Edited by TWO LANE BLACK TOP