Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Supercharged big block build

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

So Two Lane - what is the goal of this motor? Street cruiser, street/strip, full on drag drag, pure machismo show car? What do you plan to put it in? How much horsepower and torque are you shooting for at the flywheel when all is said and done?

Edited by Frosty

The engine belongs to one of the guys I work for...Has been sitting in the back of the shop for a few years...Since work has been kind of slow lately... He decided now would be a good time for me to go thru it and undo and make right what the previous amateur (borderline incompetent) rebuilder had done before...

Anyway the goal is around 670 or more very streetable horsepower at the flywheel...which is realistically achievable with the cam/cylinder head, supercharger combination that I'm going use..Will go into the specs of how I will get those numbers in detail when I have a little more time here in the next couple of days...As far as the vehicle it is going in..I'm not really sure...Since the person that owns the engine doesn't really know himself yet...All he knows is that he wants a blown big block engine (so he can play show and tell with his buddies)...But I'm confident that he will come up with something cool to put it in...

Lots more to come..Stay tuned

TLBT

Edited by TWO LANE BLACK TOP
  • Like 1

Fair enough. So pure machismo street car it is. :rofl:

I can't wait to watch your progress on this thread bud.....even if it's a Cheavie man!

Unfortunately Due to work priorities and the current state of affairs of everything that is happening over the last week or so...The engine build has been delayed for awhile....☹☹

Sorry for any inconvenience...Hopefully things will change and I can resume my Quest for horsepower and torque in a couple of weeks... Even though it is "Cheavie"...

TLBT..

• Founders
1 minute ago, Frosty said:

The world is going collectively mad at the moment.

Understatement of the year but yes, don't worry. Look forward to any details if and when they become avail :) 

• 2 months later...

Now that things have calmed down some...I Have been given the green light to proceed with the build..

Upon further inspection the cylinder heads that the owner wanted to use are pretty much garbage...The combustion chambers are horribly pitted and can not be cleaned up enough to use in a blower motor without fear of detonation....As you can see the area between the valves (1st pic )...So I came up with another engine (454)..that is donating the heads and maybe the bottom end too...Over the next week or so..I will install hardened valve seats (the heads are 1971 LS-5 non EGR casting # 672292.... 113 cc combustion chambers)..New valve guides and a 3 angle valve job and stainless steel valves..Will provide more details and photos detailing the process as I move along....

The owner has also come up the vehicle the engine will be installed in.....The plan is to leave the truck cosmetically the same on the outside and camouflage it as much as possible on the inside...Although a supercharger might be kind of hard to hide..LOL..

Stay tuned..

20200305_140555.jpg

20200518_125754.jpg

20200518_125657.jpg

20200518_125644.jpg

20200518_125628.jpg

20200518_125515.jpg

20200521_162015.jpg

20200521_161831.jpg

• Like 1