Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Suzuki Kizashi

http://suzukiauto.com/kizashi/?r=top

2011 Suzuki Kizashi

From what I've been reading it's not that bad of a car. 180-185 hp from a 2.4 isn't bad, though it should come with a turbo or something, but there is ALWAYS room for improvement with brand new cars.

Here are a couple reviews:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/tests/impressi...zashi-sport-gts

http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com...uki-kizashi.htm

http://cars.about.com/od/suzuki/fr/2011-Su...est-Drive_2.htm

And a few pics:

Suzuki-Kizashi_Sport_2011_front_angle-640x456.jpg

paris-auto-show-suzuki-kizashi-sport-live-photos-8.jpg

And one with the kit from Road Race

2010-Suzuki-Kizashi-Road-Race-Body-Design-588x441.jpg

What do you guys think? Worth checking out?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Founders

Looks like a typical import car to me.... Nothing special

I personally would never buy a Suzuki car... but that's just me. They are literally last place on my list of import cars that if all shit fell through I would purchase lol.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX8wc4xF1p4&feature=player_embedded

A cool vid I found about it, it seems like they put in a TON of work into it.

Suzuki stepped up their game with this, since it's not a shared platform...like everything else they sold prior. Suzuki is a good manufacturer, their Vitara/Grand Vitara/XL-7 models are excellent small SUVs, and of course, the Samurai, with a following as strong as the Jeeps it was built to take on.

I'd say go for a test drive, Mark. Being dismissive of certain brands just because is stupid nowadays. Companies have stepped up their build quality by leaps and bounds, especially smaller companies that aren't mainstream.

You know, Mark...I remember you not liking certain imports. Change of heart?

Its not bad I do not think I would seriously looked at it. I though for sure that Suzuki would have gone down the road of Mazda and just re-badged an entire line up from another manufacturer. The XL-7 is an Equinox and I think their other SUV's are GM platforms as well.

' date='Nov 7 2010, 05:49 AM' post='40164']

Suzuki stepped up their game with this, since it's not a shared platform...like everything else they sold prior. Suzuki is a good manufacturer, their Vitara/Grand Vitara/XL-7 models are excellent small SUVs, and of course, the Samurai, with a following as strong as the Jeeps it was built to take on.

I'd say go for a test drive, Mark. Being dismissive of certain brands just because is stupid nowadays. Companies have stepped up their build quality by leaps and bounds, especially smaller companies that aren't mainstream.

You know, Mark...I remember you not liking certain imports. Change of heart?

Yeah, for what it is, it's an awesome car and the warranty is pretty great on it as well too!

I may have had a change of heart just since in the last few years or so it's been hard to stay loyal to anything and I guess I never really have been loyal to one company (I have a Ford Truck). Also, I still am finding it hard to find something that something American has what I'm looking for with the looks go with it.

looks like a VW rip off . :D

Funny you say that because Suzuki has been working with VW and trying to get the 2.0T into the Kizashi. :D

Its not bad I do not think I would seriously looked at it. I though for sure that Suzuki would have gone down the road of Mazda and just re-badged an entire line up from another manufacturer. The XL-7 is an Equinox and I think their other SUV's are GM platforms as well.

Actually since the economy dive, GM broke off the deal with Suzuki. The Kizashi was supposed to get the 3.6 V6 but that fell through when GM said good by to Suzuki.

I will probably be test driving one on Monday. :dancingpontiac:

lolwut

Grand Vitara/XL-7 =/= Equinox/Torrent/Vue

The Vitara/XL-7 are unibody SUVs. The Equinox/Torrent/Vue are crossovers, with car based suspensions.

Hell, the Vitara and XL-7 used a live rear axle before their major restyle, and the new models still share nothing with GM's smaller CUVs.

The more recent ones may not be (2009-2010) but the older ones were built just outside of London Ontario

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAMI_Automotive

Doesn't say if they were platform shared, but the older Vitara/XL-7 had nothing to do with the CUV production. Completely different chassis. They were a traditional RWD drivetrain, and the CUVs are a transverse drivetrain setup.

• Founders

i consider suzuki a bike company and not a car company. the day i purchase one will be the day that all other car companies cease to exist.

part of my mentality... bikes, snowmoblies and jetskis they got right. The car, they have yet to impress me. Kinda the same thing with Honda :) jk

i consider suzuki a bike company and not a car company. the day i purchase one will be the day that all other car companies cease to exist.

part of my mentality... bikes, snowmoblies and jetskis they got right. The car, they have yet to impress me. Kinda the same thing with Honda :) jk

Maybe you guys should read some of the reviews on this car then. It's pretty much a miracle car from a company no one expected to see it from.

G6 and GTO don't have AWD do they? Also, none of them get 22 city 30 hwy WITH the AWD do they? Also 15-20 more horsepower than the 2.4l G6...

I mean, it's all a matter of reliability too. Every GM car I've had has ran straight into problems that are REALLY expensive to fix, if I get a new one I'll have an amazing warranty with it.

G6 and GTO don't have AWD do they? Also, none of them get 22 city 30 hwy WITH the AWD do they? Also 15-20 more horsepower than the 2.4l G6...

I mean, it's all a matter of reliability too. Every GM car I've had has ran straight into problems that are REALLY expensive to fix, if I get a new one I'll have an amazing warranty with it.

1. AWD no, top end who cares about AWD

2. people with M6's can pull upper 20's and take less that 60 minutes to get to 60 mph

3. does that car have 400hp?

no it doesn't. this is comparing apples to oranges. since when is a GTO built as an MPG machine...it is a HP/TQ machine. maybe you want to get rid of the GTO for some silly reason but dont come out saying this suzuki car is a "miracle" car and has things that make it "better" than a GTO or G6 for that matter. it has more HP than a 4cyl g6....shit accomplishment.

This wasn't supposed to turn into an argument about if I should or shouldn't get this car. It was meant as an informational post about a new car that came out and I was going to look at it.

No need to flip out. I'm not saying that the GTO is supposed to get 20+ MPG but neither of us have a M6 do we? No. Also, I've had my fun in the GTO and I am moving away from it (again), gt over it. No need to get butt hurt that I'm going to get rid of the GTO. Obviously we have different views about cars.

P.S. My GTO gets 20.1 MPG highway, I don't have a M6. My city/hwy mix is what's killing me. I drive WAY too much to have to be filling up the tank once a week.

P.P.S. The 2.4l G6 and the 2.4l Kizashi are VERY comparable. both are in the mid-size sedan class. So, it WAS a legitimate comparison.

This wasn't supposed to turn into an argument about if I should or shouldn't get this car. It was meant as an informational post about a new car that came out and I was going to look at it.

No need to flip out. I'm not saying that the GTO is supposed to get 20+ MPG but neither of us have a M6 do we? No. Also, I've had my fun in the GTO and I am moving away from it (again), gt over it. No need to get butt hurt that I'm going to get rid of the GTO. Obviously we have different views about cars.

P.S. My GTO gets 20.1 MPG highway, I don't have a M6. My city/hwy mix is what's killing me. I drive WAY too much to have to be filling up the tank once a week.

P.P.S. The 2.4l G6 and the 2.4l Kizashi are VERY comparable. both are in the mid-size sedan class. So, it WAS a legitimate comparison.

i didn't say the 2.4 g6 was a bad comparison i said "shit accomplishment" the G6 4cyl has what? 170hp or something? not hard to top. im not butt hurt that you are getting rid of your GTO, but your ability to slander a vehicle about how a G6 or GTO couldn't pull that off. again it's apples to oranges. I'm not flipping out in the least just saying that your points are ludicrous. I know you have an A4, and a stalled A4 at that. of course you get shit MPG.

also I QUOTE

Also, none of them get 22 city 30 hwy WITH the AWD do they?

none huh? so that would include M6 eh?

I'm not butt hurt that you are getting rid of your GTO, i couldn't care less really. You live in cali, ive never met you and even if I have, what do I care what car you decide to own? and really, this is the 2nd car you have gone through in like 8 months for what reason? i get why u got rid of the G6, so did I, now i have a GTO because i love the car and knew what I was getting into. now, you want to trade in a limited production modern muscle car for a suzuki hatch? It's an astounding trade.

663392121_3e875d2199.jpg

Cut the shit, all of you.

Mark made this thread to show a new model Suzuki has, to which, is actually very impressive.

I noticed a lot of you simply dismiss a lot of vehicles simply because of the badge on the front of the grille. Knock it off, the Kizashi is actually a huge turn around model for the company, and is making headway the same way Hyundai started to almost seven years ago. Now look, they have a very desirable Genesis coupe with huge aftermarket support, they make excellent high end luxury sedans and midsize sedans (the new gen Sonata is gorgeous) and the same with their sister company, Kia.

My point is, we all love Pontiac, right? We all have a passion for the car industry and the hobby. There is no real fine line between a real foreign and import car anymore, since every company outsources, EVERYWHERE. When car shopping, limiting yourself to a certain brand is just stupid. Cars from the most unlikely of companies would surprise a lot of you.

Cut the shit, this Suzuki caught Mark's attention, and for good reason. It's a damn fine choice as a DD.

Mark: your issues aren't anything out of the ordinary. Cars have problems, it's a fact of life. GM or not. I've spent close to $1000 on repairs on my GA, but it is what it is. A car with 130K on the clock, things are expected to wear out. It also depends on how you drive. Drive a car hard, wear items tend to fail on a quicker rate. ANY car will have issues, and that's a fact.

I agree with the above post and that is why I am not worried about getting crap for going to suzuki. If you dont like it get over it. I'm still selling the GTO and getting the SEDAN, not hatch...

I'll still be a Pontiac fan but right now in this economy, it's not practical to have a GTO as a DD in Cali when I drive about 600-800 miles a week, 14 MPG isnt worth it to me.

Its not like I'm leaving everyone. I still love pontiacs, nothing will change (except my sig lol).

In before the lock.... Lol

Srsly... I know he is showing a sweet looking car, the one with the kit, but that has HUGE money in it and probs most is one off fabrication. Why moving back to the sedan? And a 4 cyl sedan?

After this wreck is the insurance going sky high? Are you just looking for something ina lower bracket?

How about getting like an 02ish grand am? You could pay it off and get liability only. Hell you could get a loaded ass 2.4 quad4 that gets great milage and is also reliable. I am not saying deff a GA but something that is like 5K or less and have a great DD