Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Guess what I hit today.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry first I hit the ditch then I hit the bigger than life Forest Road turn off sign with the Vibe.

No pictures as of yet. The car is at the shop. Front bumper is toast and the left rear window is out with some body damage. I will see what they say but I figure $4000.00

I left Sarnia and it was clear and sunny but about 22 miles out of town it was freezing rain. I went to use the turn off to turn around and go back home since my winter tires are at home. I changed lanes to the turn off and the car shot towards the ditch. I hit the sign pole that is on the left it was a break away pole and it was hit on the right front of the car then came down on the left rear of the car. Fortunatley, I was debating taking the truck but I picked the car so it went under the sign where the truck would have put my forehead level with the bottom of the sign.

On the positive side I was looking at all of the touch up paint marks across my hood and front end. I was going to get the front re-painted this summer. Now State Farm is getting it done.

That's what I figured and instead of going poor me I was more like now lets fix this thing. Its already at the body shop and I have sourced some parts now. I should be able to get about 1/2 the parts myself and get the insurance company to re-imburse me. But like I said I still have ten fingers and ten toes so everything else is secondary.

I did not get pictures as I cannot find my camera. Okay I barely know how to use it either.

Damage = $6000.00

All new replacement

Bumper

Hood

Left and right fog lights

Bumper pad

Bumper supports and cross brace

New rear quarter

New rear quarter window

Interior left quarter trim

The only question I have is clean the front drivers seat or burn it and replace it because I think I suzuki'd my seat when I hit the sign.

Ouch! Good luck with the repairs. GD freezing rain. I hate schizophrenic weather.

As above-mentioned, at least you're okay and there is a bright side or two!

wow thats a lot.

...i dont wanna be the only vibe on the forums...

;) dont worry dood, theres at least two others.

I did not notice this before but it should have been in the damage section.

Went to the body shop today to 'grease' the wheels. Coffee and Donuts work wonders for guys who are bustin their butts to get things done for you. The front of the car has been disassembled but the bumper is on back-order with general motors. The bright side is that the owner and I were shootin the poo and he will also be ordering a new hood for the truck at a pretty good price.

No I keep forgetting my camera. I do have some nice ones of the Chevelle without the trunk in it though.

No I keep forgetting my camera. I do have some nice ones of the Chevelle without the trunk in it though.

:lol2: I don't think those would count... Your insurance doesn't take pics and give you an update? I know Mark's did...

No they do not since I took the car to my body shop and not the one provided by the insurance company.