Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Kalamazoo Swap Meet

• 2 weeks later...

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Hey Frosty, I'm not going to make Detroit this year! A couple of guys that I travel with have prior commitments. We're going to Power Piston show in Cleveland in March!

Rewiring the Bonneville and putting in Vintage Air system !! Also new aftermarket steering column ! Let me know what shows you'll be at next year would like to meet you!

Wayne

IMG_2863.jpg

IMG_2868.jpg

IMG_2866.jpg

Right now staying local for most of the summer. I might get to Charleston WV I taonce or twice this summer. My wife was determined to have breast cancer. We caught it very early and her prognosis is very good but she will still be going through chemo therapy and radiation treatments this winter and spring. So I will be staying close to home for that period of time for sure.

The other limiting factor is Lucy. She had a catastrophic failure last fall. I need to tear a good chunk of her apart to see if the heater core was damaged. So out comes most of the interior to get to it. So my cruise season maybe limited that way too.

Edited by Frosty

4 hours ago, Frosty said:

Right now staying local for most of the summer. I might get to Charleston WV I taonce or twice this summer. My wife was determined to have breast cancer. We caught it very early and her prognosis is very good but she will still be going through chemo therapy and radiation treatments this winter and spring. So I will be staying close to home for that period of time for sure.

The other limiting factor is Lucy. She had a catastrophic failure last fall. I need to tear a good chunk of her apart to see if the heater core was damaged. So out comes most of the interior to get to it. So my cruise season maybe limited that way too.

Frosty I’m so sorry! I will keep your wife, you and your whole family in my prayers! 

Oh Man that's terrible, but I'm glad you caught it early !! Early detection saves lives !! It did mine ! My prayers are with you and your family. I took the heater core 

out of my 64Bonney it only has 4 months on it and is in excellent shape if it will fit Lucy it's yours for the shipping!

Wayne

IMG_2864.jpg

• Founders
6 hours ago, Frosty said:

Sorry to hear, Frosty. Anything we can do, please let us know. 

56 minutes ago, wdl182 said:

Oh Man that's terrible, but I'm glad you caught it early !! Early detection saves lives !! It did mine ! My prayers are with you and your family. I took the heater core 

out of my 64Bonney it only has 4 months on it and is in excellent shape if it will fit Lucy it's yours for the shipping!

Wayne

IMG_2864.jpg

Much appreciated, I’ll have to look if they’re the same size. 

18 hours ago, Ringo64 said:

Sorry to hear, Frosty. Anything we can do, please let us know. 

Prayers is all I can ask for at this point. The ‘C’ word is scary enough and it sucks. Add chemotherapy to it, and the possible loss of hair and it gets even more depressing, especially for women. 

The chemotherapy is considered preventative. So we only have to go thru four treatments. Then we can start the radiation treatment.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, wdl182 said:

Bald is beautiful Baby !!

For Telly Savalas sure. Who loves ya' baby? 

Not for my wife it isn't. She's quite upset at the prospect of being bald, partial bald, and/or having to wear a wig, and freaking out our nephews. Bald is a frightening thing for most women. Us guys we don't get it....so my wife has told me......sigh. I'm such an insensitive SOB.

I know it's scary !! and the prospect of being bald or partial is not easy for most women, but support and  understanding from friends near or far goes a long way!

When I had brain surgery 11 years ago I had it all planned out and was going to my Barber friend to get a buzz, but emergency episode cancelled that and ended up 

with a half and half I looked ridiculous !!! We've never met, but my best to your wife and you ! I've been sliced and diced since I was 4 years old so I'm kinda use to all

this crap !! Call, text, email anytime !

7 hours ago, Frosty said:

My wife just texted me during lunch. Her blood test results came in -  stating she is post-menopausal. So there is no clinical need for chemo at all.

Again, I appreciate all the support and well wishes from everyone! It is wonderful and more than a bit humbling to know all the support that I have from this group. I truly don't take you friendship for granted. Bless you and thank you.

That is the greatest news buddy!! Somethings a prayer is answered simply by pushing us in the right direction. I reserve that belief here as your wife’s decision to get a second opinion! None the less we will continue to pray for the best outcome for the future!

On 2/21/2020 at 8:22 PM, Last Indian said:

That is the greatest news buddy!! Somethings a prayer is answered simply by pushing us in the right direction. I reserve that belief here as your wife’s decision to get a second opinion! None the less we wlll continue to pray for the best outcome for the future!

That is sincerely appreciated Last Indiann.

• Like 2