Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1964 bonneville rebuild

8 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Nothin wrong with it.....Justa NOT how I roll for the $$$.   

very cool cars, and like the paint jobs, but those rims would last 10 minutes on new zealand roads with all the pot holes we have !!! 🙄

i remember seeing the rims on display at the New York motor show back in 2018 when we went to see the  Dodge demon release

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Got just a little bit of time tonight after work to investigate what i brought home yesterday, and !!! the car is full of goodies, check out these floor pans

floor pan on spare car.JPG

Along with the car came 2 front bumpers both pretty average condition, but i can make them into wall art in the garage along with the 55 chevy wagon tailgate that was laying in the dirt next to the car when i picked it up!!!

bumpers spare.JPG

• Like 1

First chance i get i am going to clean the car out of all the junk and lay out what i have and take some pictures, i have found lots of goodies!!!:drool:

plates on bumpers.JPG

Frosty, question for you mate, the trunk floor i got the guy said it was a  64 Catalina one and they are different to  64 Bonneville.

would that be correct ??? 🙄

• Like 1

Technically yes. The Bonneville and Catalina are sister cars and are the same overall length but they have a 3-4 inch difference in wheelbase length from 61-64. The Bonnie is 123 inches and the Catalina is 120. So the location of the wheel wells in the trunk pan - fore or aft - is the only real difference.

Since the Grand Prix was built off the Catalina, the GP needs the Catalina trunk pan.

36 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Technically yes. The Bonneville and Catalina are sister cars and are the same overall length but they have a 3-4 inch difference in wheelbase length from 61-64. The Bonnie is 123 inches and the Catalina is 120. So the location of the wheel wells in the trunk pan - fore or aft - is the only real difference.

Since the Grand Prix was built off the Catalina, the GP needs the Catalina trunk pan.

Ok, that explains why my mate was saying the wheel tub is different. 

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Good to know I passed the pop quiz!

Haha, hell mate your the one who knows, remember this is my first pontiac!:dancingpontiac:

i am learning as i go along:cheers:

And enjoying every moment of it....

i am working tomorrow but hopefully sunday i can post a pic or two of all the parts that came with my new chassis!:dancingpontiac:

its like xmas time for me!:lol:

Edited by 64 kiwi boni

7 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

very cool cars, and like the paint jobs, but those rims would last 10 minutes on new zealand roads with all the pot holes we have !!! 🙄

i remember seeing the rims on display at the New York motor show back in 2018 when we went to see the  Dodge demon release

Don't see many around here with the roads, but they are out there.

4 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Haha, hell mate your the one who knows, remember this is my first pontiac!:dancingpontiac:

i am learning as i go along:cheers:

And enjoying every moment of it....

i am working tomorrow but hopefully sunday i can post a pic or two of all the parts that came with my new chassis!:dancingpontiac:

its like xmas time for me!:lol:

When I first read your question my first reaction was "hell no" but then I had to think about it. That's when I remembered the difference in wheelbase length.

One of these days I am going to loose it. My wife already accuses me of having too much useless trivia in my head. If I learn much more, I will have to dump my knowledge of all episodes of Gillgan's Island to make room for more.

5 hours ago, Frosty said:

When I first read your question my first reaction was "hell no" but then I had to think about it. That's when I remembered the difference in wheelbase length.

One of these days I am going to loose it. My wife already accuses me of having too much useless trivia in my head. If I learn much more, I will have to dump my knowledge of all episodes of Gillgan's Island to make room for more.

Well, it was just a three hour tour you know! :bump:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Last Indian said:

Well, it was just a three hour tour you know! :bump:

But the Minnow was lost you know.

"No phone, no lights, no motor car,
Not a single luxury,
Like Robinson Crusoe,
It's primitive as can be"

• Like 1

On 7/24/2020 at 4:41 PM, Frosty said:

But the Minnow was lost you know.

"No phone, no lights, no motor car,
Not a single luxury,
Like Robinson Crusoe,
It's primitive as can be"

Sounds like COVID-19! Isolation, out of touch! Who knew!

So i got to get a little time to empty out the " chassis car" yesterday and here is what i found...

first thing of interest was this piece of paper

spec sheet.JPG

then there was all the parts that have come with the car!

and i must say, i have all i need now, things like a straight fan , hood hinge, little things that were missing like 1 wiper arm etc

parts 1.JPG

springs1.JPG

tail lights.JPG

parts 2.JPG

fender 1.JPG

and i found a accel disy

acell disy.JPG

6 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

yes mate, i thought thats what it is, but where does it hide in the car ???

this was just sitting on the floor🙄

Usually under the back seat, for the old cars like that one.

Like JustA said, looks like you did well! 

Do I see a frame off resto in someone’s future?!

• Like 2

On 7/26/2020 at 7:07 PM, JUSTA6 said:

Looks like you did real well with this purchase.  Sweet to find the build sheet.  

17 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

yes mate, i thought thats what it is, but where does it hide in the car ???

this was just sitting on the floor🙄

10 hours ago, Last Indian said:

Pontiac placed a copy of the build sheet under the rear seats as the cars went down the assembly line. Often times another copy maybe found above the fuel tank (between the body and the fuel tank). However, those copies often deteriorate due to time and weather exposure.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Last Indian said:

Sure do Last indian, :dancingpontiac:

just working on sourcing parts first and then that body will come off and off to the sand blasters for cleaning and 2 pack paint in black 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Frosty said:

Let us know what you are looking for. We are only too happy to help.

like Fitzy is finding, freight these days is a killer, things like tie rod ends and ball joints are fair prices but then they rip you with the freight.

i have found a company who rebuilds steering parts here in nz and i will send all my front end parts to them as its going to be cheaper than buying new.

• Like 2

No work for me this week, am going in for my hernia repair tomorrow and the work van is off to the panel shop to be fixed too!

so i am going to have a very slow week🙄 

4 hours ago, Frosty said:

So no 16 or 20 oz curls this week huh? No weight lifting allowed.

Use a smaller glass and fill it more often.:nuts:

• Haha 1