Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1964 bonneville rebuild

4 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Sure looks good from the pic.

My sentiments exactly! Nice job mate! Now if you drive it in the hot weather and your fingers don’t stick to it you know you did good! 😁

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

21 minutes ago, Last Indian said:

My sentiments exactly! Nice job mate! Now if you drive it in the hot weather and your fingers don’t stick to it you know you did good! 😁

yes thats a very good Point Last Indian!!!Β 

Β i used hammerite paint as i know it sets really hard!! fingers crossed it does not melt!! HAHA

i saw what you had done and thought to myself.... i can do that. but truly a brain dead job sanding the finger recesses, and like Frosty said, beers helped... lots of beers:cheers:

Β Justa kind ofΒ miss the clear sections and the black is not a match to the dash, its more of a brown black if you know what i meanΒ .

Β 

The '74 is not terribly surprising since it has the rather rare Super Duty 455 in it. These cars are really going up in value state side too. So at $1 NZ to .61 USD exchange rate, that puts the Trans Am at around $110,000 USD. Still an expensive car to be sure.

The $54k NZ Bonneville would run $31,720 USD. Not bad - a little on the high end but if it presents well could be worth it.

15 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Yours isΒ worth fixin for sure.Β Β 

Yes Justa, when i bought the Bonneville i did my home work on what they are worth on your side of the ocean and remembering it would cost me 4 k to get any toys to nzΒ 

plus what i was going to have to spend.... i never factor in my labour... i do this because i like building/repairing/restoringΒ  cars😜:cheers:Β it spins my wheels big time, wife has never figured that out !! hahaπŸ™„

She looks at it and goes "why did you want a smashed car".... and thats when i go...πŸ™„πŸ™„Β and look at the sky, take aΒ Β deep breath and explain the facts of life as a petrolhead to my wife AGAIN ! hahaΒ :stars:

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Frosty said:

The '74 is not terribly surprising since it has the rather rare Super Duty 455 in it. These cars are really going up in value state side too. So at $1 NZ to .61 USD exchange rate, that puts the Trans Am at around $110,000 USD. Still an expensive car to be sure.

The $54k NZ Bonneville would run $31,720 USD. Not bad - a little on the high end but if it presents well could be worth it.

Think its the "its worth what someone will pay" thing aye Frosty... me, if i wanted it, heck i would just pay the number, if thats what you love.😜

Totally agree kiwi. These cars are torque monsters. These were the last really powerful 455s from Pontiac and they were produced in low numbers in both Formula and Trans Am models. So rare and desirable makes the cash register go up. Yeah, I'd pony up for one if I won the lottery.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Frosty, what is the part number for my trans mount on the 64? for the factory auto?

Β i have a nz company supplying me all my front end rebuild gear and they want me to give them a description of what trans mount i needΒ 

Kiwi, you looking for the transmount part number (tranny to crossmember) or the trannyΒ cross member part number? I just want to be clear.

Trans mount is #Β 542395

Trahs cross member - still looking

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Frosty said:

Kiwi, you looking for the transmount part number (tranny to crossmember) or the trannyΒ cross member part number? I just want to be clear.

Trans mount is #Β 542395

Trahs cross member - still looking

thank you so much mate, yes the trans mount, it was torn in the smashΒ πŸ‘

On 7/17/2020 at 5:28 AM, 64 kiwi boni said:

thank you so much mate, yes the trans mount, it was torn in the smashΒ πŸ‘

Always happy to help out mate! You know that! Cheers!

7 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

ITS THE DAY !🀨

tomorrow i am taking the day off work to road trip to Auckland and get my 64 Bonneville chassis !!! :dancingpontiac::cheers:😜 

i know i wont sleep tonight !!Β 

Β after missing out back in march thanks to covid 19 lock down .... i am kinda super happy to be back at plan A !!!

i will post heaps of pics...

yeah i know you guys are not spinning your wheels over it, but i am super pumped to be finally getting on with my 64!Β 

Β this old girl is just too cool to let sit and waste away, i want to put the straight chassis under her and make her a working safe car again.:cheers:

bring on thursday nz timeΒ :drool:

Kiwi - Best of Luck to you mate! We're all cheering for you!

We know what this olde girl means to you and watching you get her back on the road helps motivate us on our own projects. It give us a little sense of pride if we can help you out in any way we can from our cozy Lazy Boy arm chairs and answer your questions as best we can.

Frankly I wish I could spend a whole lot more time this summer with Lucy than I've been able to. Life gets in the way. COVID-19, money, flooded basement, kids and family birthday parties, parents/family health, and oh yeah - work, all conspire get in the way. So no need for apologizes, just get out there and do it man! Just know that we are cheering for you here from the sidelines!

Oh yeah - tons of pictures please!!!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Frosty said:

Always happy to help out mate! You know that! Cheers!

Kiwi - Best of Luck to you mate! We're all cheering for you!

We know what this olde girl means to you and watching you get her back on the road helps motivate us on our own projects. It give us a little sense of pride if we can help you out in any way we can from our cozy Lazy Boy arm chairs and answer your questions as best we can.

Frankly I wish I could spend a whole lot more time this summer with Lucy than I've been able to. Life gets in the way. COVID-19, money, flooded basement, kids and family birthday parties, parents/family health, and oh yeah - work, all conspire get in the way. So no need for apologizes, just get out there and do it man! Just know that we are cheering for you here from the sidelines!

Oh yeah - tons of pictures please!!!

What Frosty said!!Β 

• Thanks 1

My new friend gave me heaps of parts and i will post pictures on theΒ Β weekend, to show you allΒ :cheers:

Β right now its beer-o clock and i have to go back to work tomorrow and Saturday to make up for my 1 day off road trip..... but man, i enjoyed it.:dancingpontiac:

Β these cars are just so coolΒ πŸ‘

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 2

Good on you Kiwi! Glad you petroled up both you and the Ram for this run.

Now the adventurer really begins! We can't wait to see what you do with the old girl!Β 

Cheers!Β :cheers:

7 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

all loaded up and heading back to Taupo.... getting the hell out of Auckland!!😑

road trip 5.JPG

And after a very long day finally home, just on dark

road trip 6.JPG

This shell is way too good, no rust, 2 small dents, i could fix this one too !!!:dancingpontiac:..... but then i need another Chassis😞

oh and fitzy, the guy had a 65 grand prixΒ  coupe in parts in his shed !! whole carΒ :drool:

Well?! What’s the problem? Take the best parts and make that best rebuild! Then take what’s left and sell it as is! OrΒ rebuild that one as best you can with what’s left and keep it or sell it!Β 
The frame that’sΒ bent on your original one is fixable! Especially once you have the frame out from under the body!Β 

Edited by Last Indian
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Last Indian said:

Well?! What’s the problem? Take the best parts and make that best rebuild! Then take what’s left and sell it as is! OrΒ rebuild that one as best you can with what’s left and keep it or sell it!Β 
The frame that’sΒ bent on your original one is fixable! Especially once you have the frame out from under the body!Β 

Or take whats left...can you say....gasser? Original funny car/altered wheel base? Resto mod? Autocross?Just no DONKS - please.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Last Indian said:

hmmm, good point mate, the bent frame is repairableπŸ™„

Donks ???? whats that frosty🀨

30 minutes ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

hmmm, good point mate, the bent frame is repairableπŸ™„

Donks ???? whats that frosty🀨

Nothin wrong with it.....Justa NOT how I roll for the $$$.Β  Β