Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1964 bonneville rebuild

I don’t think your fender is off a 64 

mine are way wider at the bottoms edge 

I can see what you mean about the different shape ... I will take a shot of both of mine from the outside when I get home from work mate 

so you can see the width difference👍 

• Like 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

7 hours ago, Wrongway said:

Ok I misspoke bro. I think its my passengers side fender that may be from a 64. Take a look, do you see it bro?

Fender D side.jpg

Fender P  side.jpg

Fender D side 2.jpg

Fender P side 2.jpg

One curves at the very end and one is straight.

Fender Kiwi.jpg

Fender D side 3.jpg

Fender P side 3.jpg

i would justA cut the lower section off mate and stitch on the lower section off another fender to match them up.

To tell you the truth, that drivers side fender looks to have been altered, i can see stitching along justA under the head light bucket🙄

• Like 1

I'm not seeing the issues under the head light bro. Maybe you can point it out. The only issue I see is where the primer is. The story I was told was that the body was in "perfect" condition until a couple of weeks before I bought it. He was pulling out with his trailer and "cut it to sharp" hooking the fender. It looks like it pulled the fender forward about 1/2 inch, ripped a hole in the fender and bent the hell out of the bumper.

1 (2).JPG

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Wrongway said:

I'm not seeing the issues under the head light bro. Maybe you can point it out. The only issue I see is where the primer is. The story I was told was that the body was in "perfect" condition until a couple of weeks before I bought it. He was pulling out with his trailer and "cut it to sharp" hooking the fender. It looks like it pulled the fender forward about 1/2 inch, ripped a hole in the fender and bent the hell out of the bumper.

1 (2).JPG

Do you have any side shots of the fender to bumper? that would show what the shape is supposed to be?

• Like 1

Sooo, i went out this morning and fronted the new ames battery tray to the inner fender to check that the bolt pattern was correct.... it was the first time i had put the 2 inner fenders next to each other after sanding, blasting and priming them last weekend... and look what i have done😞

because i have a spare car of parts i have managed to prep two drivers side inners!!! gurrrsss😡@ myself.

and then a whole lot of:rofl: you dumb arse!!!

CBD29919-6BAE-4446-9C2E-063E4F44B7D1.jpeg

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Sooo, i went out this morning and fronted the new ames battery tray to the inner fender to check that the bolt pattern was correct.... it was the first time i had put the 2 inner fenders next to each other after sanding, blasting and priming them last weekend... and look what i have done😞

because i have a spare car of parts i have managed to prep two drivers side inners!!! gurrrsss😡@ myself.

Nice to know I'm not the only one that occasionally does stupid things. My missus would argue about my misuse of the word occasionally.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Might be the same side, but looks like you have Wrongways different tub. How did ya do that?:rofl:

• Haha 2

Some good news today, the steering arm for the passenger side i sent to the engineers to be magnaflux for cracks came back and completely crack free.:cheers:

They didn't shot peen it as they said it was not needed🙄,, justA want last Indians opinion on that!

• Like 2

Ram air restorations got back to me, they are short of long branch headers until the end of February, but i have asked Paul to give me a costing to ship a whole kit to me, including manifolds, gaskets, oil pump alteration kit, flanges, and bolt kit..

I am more than happy to wait for a good product:cheers:

So i can justA replace the whole log set up and i am sure it will be worth the cost... super keen to here from any one who has done this too their Pontiac engine!!  🙄

And really i have shit loads of other small things to do between here and end of feb.... i am sure the boss would agree🙄and they are not bonni related 😞 

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Frosty said:

Nice to know I'm not the only one that occasionally does stupid things. My missus would argue about my misuse of the word occasionally.

Ah mate, we are JustA human, we will ALWAYS make mistakes... the difference is how you deal with it.!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Ah mate, we are JustA human, we will ALWAYS make mistakes... the difference is how you deal with it.!

True, and how the boss makes us feel time and time afterwards. They never let us live it down.

Makes me wonder the immortal question: Are they the weak sex or are we? :wacko:

Well screw that noise, it's time for a beer! :cheers:

Edited by Frosty
  • Haha 2

popped over to Rotorua and picked up the rebuilt drive shaft from my new favorite engineer shop.

super impressed with their service and quality of work, and while over there i stopped in at the Toyshed ( speed shop)https://thetoyshed.business.site/ and grabbed another drive shaft saftey loop for the 64 i fit them to all my cars now, justA for the hell of it and an add safety factor:cheers: these things are 50 bucks and i couldnt make it and buy the bolts for that, so its a good deal plus they are fully lvvta compliant ( new zealand transport authority)

i will post some pictures of it installed to give you and idea of what the heck i am on about, when the girl comes back into the hoist for drive shaft installation.:cheers:... but right now its tgif!!! ( thank god its friday) and oh look its beer-o clock:cheers::cheers:🍻🍻🍻🍻

2A8B8D00-CA7B-4727-87B5-B39F2E5E6D09.jpeg

3D9AA351-1012-4917-BB9C-66D527470653.jpeg

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 2

You've done quite well.

So are drive shaft safety loops mandatory on all RWD  cars in New Zealand? Or just for cars over a certain age?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

i justA did a review of the last year of my thread....and wow.i think i have put one hell of alot of time and energy into the girl over the last 12 months looking back!

I am so pleased with what i have achieved and my goal is to have her road legal this year! 

image.png.bb3cb70b6274cc328e8c71c3a6709423.png

Simply amazing.  Awesome job! :bowdown:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Frosty said:

You've done quite well.

So are drive shaft safety loops mandatory on all RWD  cars in New Zealand? Or just for cars over a certain age?

Yeah mandatory for any modified car that has to be certified for alteration 

like a engine swap etc 

for my car it’s justA piece of mind when you want to hammer it and you know if you smash a yoke or universal that you ain’t going to have this great big shaft coming up through the floor like a blade 😀

or digging in and flipping the car ! 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Yeah mandatory for any modified car that has to be certified for alteration 

like a engine swap etc 

for my car it’s justA piece of mind when you want to hammer it and you know if you smash a yoke or universal that you ain’t going to have this great big shaft coming up through the floor like a blade 😀

or digging in and flipping the car ! 

I admire the safety aspects of having one on the car. I'm Justa surprised that it is mandatory in NZ. Or perhaps more surprised that it is not mandatory for street use here in the US. We certainly don't need pole vaulting cars anywhere.

Edited by Frosty
  • Haha 2