Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1964 bonneville rebuild

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Brake lines completed 

next will be a new 3/8 fuel line 👍

1295A86C-5C65-4F7F-9B8C-D8E85E4FF937.jpeg

ordered the new kyb shocks today along with wheel cylinders and trans mount. 

next will be to get my existing springs over to the spring makers and have them make new 2inch lower versions, and i must call bricon and see how all my steering parts are coming.... they must be rebuilt by now!🙄

• Like 1

Talk to the guy at bricon today rebuilding my tie rod ends and hes found a fracture in one of the inner tie rods, so i am going to see him next week to see what he is on about, he seams to think its a minor issue.

so i want to see for myself,  

he saying that the rod ends are very different to what he has rebuilt before... which i find odd as i would expect them to be a very generic gm set up.

something about a single bearing under the cap and that its a hair line crack in a cap??? 

think its best if i see for myself.

anyone had a experience with rebuilding a pontiac tie rod end ??

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 1

Here is what i am up against, shipping from usa to new zealand:stars:.... this from Ames for a $55 single trans mount for my automatic .......

Your order is boxed up and ready to ship.

You have a few options for shipping to New Zealand.

DHL -$90.20

Fed Ex -$86.40

World wide UPS -$41.15

First Class -$37.25

Priority USPS -$70.20

i need a beer 🙄:cheers:

• Sad 2

7 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Here is what i am up against, shipping from usa to new zealand:stars:.... this from Ames for a $55 single trans mount for my automatic .......

Your order is boxed up and ready to ship.

You have a few options for shipping to New Zealand.

DHL -$90.20

Fed Ex -$86.40

World wide UPS -$41.15

First Class -$37.25

Priority USPS -$70.20

i need a beer 🙄:cheers:

...and how long does each method take to get to you, including customs?

You're gonna need a lot more beer before that order arrives mate! :cheers:

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 2

Got time today to get all 4  springs over to the spring maker 1 hour drive away today, ( fronts are going down 3 inches, rears 2 inches) also i gave the guys my old front sway bar which is only 3/4 and they are copy it and making me a 1 inch version. which should help with turning the ship into corners :rofl:, seriously thinking of making up a rear sway bar too. even though 64 bonnies never had them.....🙄

Am planning a road trip Friday to pick up all my suspension parts from Bricon in Auckland.they are a 3/12 hour drive away,got the bill today $1600nz bucks, which was what i was expecting for a engineering shop to not only rebuild my steering parts but warranty them.. i will be asking lots of questions when i pick them up as to what they did.:dancingpontiac:

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Wrongway said:

:dancingpontiac:Awesome bro! Cant wait to see what they look like!

me too Wrongway, its like early xmas presents:drool:.

our rural postie made a special delivery about 6pm last night ! she had all my rock auto gear under her arm!!, kyb gas shocks, master cylinder, wheel cylinders... but the deal with the boss was these are my xmas presents... so i cant have them till 25th !!🙄

ho hum:unsure:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

oh by the way never listen to what the media say:cheers::rofl:

• Haha 2