Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

NO MALWARE ON THIS WEBSITE!

• Founders

If you are getting an error from Google or Firefox stating that this site may harm your computer, you may ignore it without any consequences! Our advertising company is at fault and not us. They are using a site that has the malware as an advertiser and since then we have removed them. It was only a small case and I really don't understand why Google is freaking out about it but I sent them a review and hopefully have this sorted out by the end of day.

Sorry about this but rest assured by surfing this website your computer is safe!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

was this cuz of the ads?

Not the ads, plural but the AD singular lol. One of the ads used by the company (Its a division of Yahoo), was using a website that had malware on it thus Google being the smart people they are thought it was our website, thus you see the warning. :welcomeFP:

• Founders

where is this warning? also, is this similar to the issue that i had when we first added ads?

If you use IE you won't see it, if you use Firefox or Chrome its a little popup before you enter the site.

Same concept but I was hoping against it because it was a more reliable advertising company... I dunno...

• Founders

First of all firefox FTW. It wouldn't even let me bypass the warnings HAHA.

And i think the site is faster now too.

lol Yeah its all good now. That's what pissed me off though, Google and Firefox are like contact us and do all this crap and I'm like in Firefox I can't even log into my email to talk to you, let alone look into what it was! :welcomeFP:

Its good to know when there actually is a website out there trying to harm you that they block it BUT when they totally screw up like they did here, all that would have sufficed is an email to me. Not basically blocking my users for a day :lol2:

• Founders

Yeah, site is way faster now... The dang thing hardly slushed along before.

Really? That's weird... Like fast vs yesterday or fast vs. like a week ago?

I ended up giving the boot to our advertising program that runs analytics on who clicks the banners and rotates them etc... Which was a security issue I was told but wasn't the problem here. It was a HUGE file and took a lot of server room so that could have been the issue. I'm going to use something I wrote a little back instead, it will be a lot better...

Well i avoided the site because i dreaded waiting for the dang thing to load, and the un-smooth scrolling.

Week ago, yesterday, month ago... It was all slow as hell. But, it is much faster now, so that is all that matters.

Edit, well using the slide bar on the side i still get the un-smooth scrolling. It is also only on this site...

But we've been over this before, and i've gotten over it.

• Founders

Well i avoided the site because i dreaded waiting for the dang thing to load, and the un-smooth scrolling.

Week ago, yesterday, month ago... It was all slow as hell. But, it is much faster now, so that is all that matters.

Weird... Oh I remember now, I think you said that but was the only one who said it so I had no reliable data to do anything. SORRY!!! Glad its better now for you!

I still find it so weird, I access this site everywhere I go. Through my home, work, school, friends house, on my phone. etc... Never ran into it at a crawling speed.

• 3 weeks later...