Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

TEN Publishing Kills 19 Automotive Print Publications

Frosty

TEN Publishing Kills 19 Automotive Print Publications

https://jalopnik.com/ten-publishing-kills-19-automotive-print-publications-i-1840273584

TEN Publishing, the publisher behind enthusiast magazines like Motor Trend, Hot Rod, Automobile, and a lot more, has announced it is shutting down print operations for 19 of its 22 titles next year.

The three remaining titles that will continue to publish in print are Motor Trend, Hot Rod, and Four Wheeler, according to a memo from MotorTrend Group president and General Manager Alex Wellen seen by Folio Mag.

Back in 2017, Automobile Magazine underwent a very questionable relaunch that evidently was not enough to keep it alive.

Here is the full list of the 19 publications ending their print run.

4-Wheel & Off-Road
Automobile
Car Craft
Chevy High Performance
Classic Trucks 
Diesel Power
Hot Rod Deluxe 
Jp
Lowrider
Mopar Muscle
Muscle Car Review
Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords
Mustang Monthly
Street Rodder
Super Chevy 
Super Street
Truck Trend 
Truckin’
Vette

Update, 6:40 p.m.: Here’s a statement sent to Jalopnik from TEN that doesn’t clear too much up:

TEN Publishing Co. announced today that it will discontinue publishing 19 of its 22 automotive print titles by end of year. MotorTrend Group provides all of the editorial and sales support for those publications. At MotorTrend Group, we remain committed to providing our fans and advertisers quality automotive storytelling and journalism across all of our content platforms and we are doubling-down on our best-in-class digital product experiences, while maintaining our support of the three most popular, profitable and strategic brands across digital and print – MotorTrend, Hot Rod, and Four Wheeler.

Update, 7 p.m.: Jalopnik has learned that digital coverage for the shuttered print titles will continue.

Here’s more from the memo via Folio Mag:

“It was announced today that TEN Publishing will discontinue publishing 19 of its 22 automotive print titles by the end of the year,” wrote MotorTrend Group president and GM Alex Wellen in the memo. “I know this is difficult news, but I want to assure you that we remain committed to you and your pursuit to deliver quality automotive storytelling and journalism across all of our content platforms.”

MotorTrend Group, a joint venture formed in 2017 and majority owned by Discovery, Inc., comprises the digital and video businesses of the company formerly known as The Enthusiast Network, whereas TEN Publishing controls those brands’ print magazines. Under a licensing agreement, MotorTrend Group provides editorial and ad sales support to TEN, producing content for both MotorTrend Group’s digital platforms and TEN’s magazines.

It’s unclear if the shuttered titles from TEN Publishing, formerly known as The Enthusiast Network, will continue publishing work online, and it’s also unclear what will happen to their current employees.

Jalopnik has reached out to TEN for more details and will update this article when more information is available.

The move follows an alarming trend in the automotive print world following the shuttering of Autoweek’s print operations and acquisition by Hearst Magazines back in October, and a restructuring at Car And Driver last year that saw over a dozen staffers laid off.

This reminds me when High Performance Pontiac and Popular Hot Rodding were cancelled. I ended up with 2-year subscription to Hot Rod instead. I was not a happy camper. Bottom line is the trend to move away from printed magazines period. I am not happy about it, but subscriptions or the lack of the same is the reason.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

Makes sense. Honestly in the last 10 years, the only time I really touched a magazine was in a Dr's office waiting room. Everything I read is online and sounds like I'm not the only one by this turn of events.

I’m still quite the dinosaur, I still like a good. book or magazine in my hands rather than a pc or a tablet. However I am increasingly in the minority it seems.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

I’m still quite the dinosaur, I still like a good. book or magazine in my hands rather than a pc or a tablet. However I am increasingly in the minority it seems.

Glad to know there is somebody in line BEHIND me!!!

• Thanks 1

I prefer the print but I have been looking for a tablet as of late just because I hate saving magazines. 

• Sad 1