Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

66 Catalina disk brake conversion

Good morning,

I was curious as to the cost and difficulty of converting the drum brakes on the '66 Cat to disk brakes for ease of maintenance and operation. If anyone has any advice on places to start looking, parts, kits, overall cost or just outright "Dont do it, you'll create more problems than solutions." Please let me know.

Thank you!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

The conversion is easy   My kit did not even require removing the spidles    Go with a MAJOR company for your kit I went with a small co and the bolt on products were great but I had a  problem with the bower brake booster   The brakes kept dragging I changed brake booster 4 times to get it right   Company was very helpful  but I felt like I was on their research and development team   I have a 5 bolt design 

If you wish to improve braking and maintain the stock look of eight lug hubs you may want to try using one organic brake pad and one metallic on the same hub    This was done on 1955-1961 mercedes 190 sl   they had both compounds on the same shoe  I cant remember which was in front.  By putting one metallic and one organic  in each hub you should have the same effect   Check your brakes more frequently as the organic shoe will wear faster     Call 203 993-0313

Edited by fatcat
add phone number