Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Project Car - Ideas

60DegreeVVT

SO.... i keep going back and forth on my project idea. i have a love for Saturns... i built a sweet SC2 with nasty LL0 motor... oh man. i would trade my G6 for that car ANY DAY.

Well here goes. next time around i want to build a wagon... a LL0 BOOSTED WAGON!!!! like this

53-1.jpg

White withtthe black wheels. and a monster of a motor so that i can smack teh mustangs and camaros with the royal penis!

but now i am torn because i kinda want to build a go kart. and by go kart i mean a fiero with a 3800 Series II SC and a MANUAL BOX....

new_wheels.JPG

I really like the Fiero but i have no experience working on them. and i cant exactly weld...

what do you think?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go with what you know.

IMO, an old Satty SW2, with an Ecotec swap would be tits. The L61 motor is perfect since they've become so numerous, and five speed swaps are easy as pie.

I love Fieros, but the L36/L67 motors are overrated boatanchors.

I say Fiero over wagon

I have this horible love for wagons... One of my dream cars is a 1964 Chevy2 wagon with the strait 6 and the three in the tree.... So i figure that the satty wagon will do just fine for now. Plus they are rubbermade.... No rust! And beating up a hight powered v8 in a wagon brings shame to the other driver

nice

me personally i'd go with the wagon. keep the sleeper look and build a sweet engine for it.

im going to start hoarding parts for a franken build for the suby wagon. combination of a 2.5 block 2.2 heads a set of cams. in the end a high CR monster.

The problem is where i live i have to pass emissions. So i cant bust out a cammed out carbed 350.... Trust me i woud. And i wold learn to weld too so it would be a death trap in more way than one

The biggest problem with the fiero is mounting the engine. I cant/dont know how to weld. And i dont have the equipment. And if i buy a 110 welder it may not be as strong as the 220 more expensive welder

For what you would have to weld a 110V welder is good for the job. At the most the steel for the job would be 14 ga. I have a 240V welder and when you are trying to control it for 18 ga and 20 ga the welder is turned right down to almost nothing.

Also the wagons are nice. I know a couple guys with them. After my Chevelle is on the road I may look for a 4 door 72 Chevelle Concours wagon.

The audi is dirt nasty, but I say go with the 1g saturn wagon bc other than the couple people on 6s and satfans there are literally no modified wagons rolling around, and they are so cheap and easy to make fast. And when you kick a camaro or stangs ass they will think "Oh shit, did I just get beat by a 16 year old 1.9 liter saturn wagon?" And commence commiting suicide

Um... sir... How do you know about 6Sphere? oh and SaturnFans/Saturnownersclub is a Joke...

do you also know about TurboSaturns.Net or QuikSLTwo.com (<--- dont remember the accual URL) or StreetDesignAuto?

Were you a Saturn Tuner?

AND I TOTES agree about a 1st Gen wagon beatin up on v8s

You were the one who told me about 6s a couple month ago. I am not on satfans or any others but I have lurked. I asked you over on g6p about saturns since I knew you were into them and I bought an SL2 for a DD. I have read a ot of turbo builds and shit and while there are always issues it seems to be failry striaght forward.

You were the one who told me about 6s a couple month ago. I am not on satfans or any others but I have lurked. I asked you over on g6p about saturns since I knew you were into them and I bought an SL2 for a DD. I have read a ot of turbo builds and shit and while there are always issues it seems to be failry striaght forward.

aaaahhhhh yes... i thought that you came from there.

How do you like the Satty?

man i miss mine.

as for boosting them. well you can have a tame one with about 9-12 lbs and streetable that is good for about 260 whp or better. and i know that does not sound HUGE like the 400 HP GTO but when you put 260 HP on a Rubbermaid container it FLYS!!!

As far as the Saturn, if swapping an eco in is the option, thats almost as much work as the Fiero. Complete wiring, would need the eco trans, welding, etc. If you go with the wagon, Turbo Twin Cam. Thats the only option really.

As for the Fiero, from what I remember there is less welding than you think. I cant even recall there needing to be any welding. But Im not saying there isnt. I believe the 3800 will fit right in the original mounting places simply because the car was originally designed for it or based on it. Same goes for the trans.

I support either choice. Another thing. I thought the law was if a vehicle is 25 years or older (or something like that) it no longer has to be emissioned. So if you had your project car finished in 2012, and the car is an 87, I think you would be good.

I love the little satty. Its very course and noisy compared to the G6 and just doesnt seem as refined, but god damn I love 5 speeds now. Didnt take long for me to learn. And even for a measly 125 hp the little shit doesnt do to bad. I hacked together an CAI with my spare injen cone and pieces from the 6 and my old GP intake.

As far as the Saturn, if swapping an eco in is the option, thats almost as much work as the Fiero. Complete wiring, would need the eco trans, welding, etc. If you go with the wagon, Turbo Twin Cam. Thats the only option really.

As for the Fiero, from what I remember there is less welding than you think. I cant even recall there needing to be any welding. But Im not saying there isnt. I believe the 3800 will fit right in the original mounting places simply because the car was originally designed for it or based on it. Same goes for the trans.

I support either choice. Another thing. I thought the law was if a vehicle is 25 years or older (or something like that) it no longer has to be emissioned. So if you had your project car finished in 2012, and the car is an 87, I think you would be good.

Well that is something to look in to. i do like the fiero but it would have to be stick.

I love the little satty. Its very course and noisy compared to the G6 and just doesnt seem as refined, but god damn I love 5 speeds now. Didnt take long for me to learn. And even for a measly 125 hp the little shit doesnt do to bad. I hacked together an CAI with my spare injen cone and pieces from the 6 and my old GP intake.

And you are right. those little cars are very forgiving with learnign to drive a stick. put a proper fart cannon on it and you are on your way.... srsly though... do a 25" glass pack inplace of the factory resinator and no muffler... you will not be dissapointed. those little cars sound nice.!

Well that is something to look in to. i do like the fiero but it would have to be stick.

And you are right. those little cars are very forgiving with learnign to drive a stick. put a proper fart cannon on it and you are on your way.... srsly though... do a 25" glass pack inplace of the factory resinator and no muffler... you will not be dissapointed. those little cars sound nice.!

I am thinking about piecing something in.