Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Pontiac Down Under

G'day fellow Pontiac owners/lovers,

I recently purchased my first pontiac. A 1970 Lemans sport coupe 400. Been looking for a muscle car for a while now, and have finally settled on this beauty. 

For starters, we dont have many Pontiac's here in Aussie as they were never sold here. Loving the head turns she's getting.

This thing i bought has unfortunately been molested by the previous owner. She'll be keeping me busy for a while. The upside is the dude spent about 30k on the engine. Mechanically she's great , the body is straight and is free of rust but the mods this previous owner made are ridiculous. From the alarm clock that he glued into the dash to the speaker cutout's in the glove box, bad installation of the led headlights..not to mention the dodgy wiring of pretty much everything and much more. Nothing too major tho.

Struggling to find parts here is the only downside. I'll hit up the le mans thread and see if anyone's got some sources or tips etc. Anyways, here she is:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

G'day mate. Welcome to the FP forum and all the madness that comes with it.

You've chosen a good car to start with since the aftermarket here in the States has truly embraced these old GM A-body cars including the GTO, Tempest and Lemans. So there are a lot of parts available here for these cars, both used and new. Some things are not re-produced but I'd say that 85-95% is readily available. It just may not be cheap. Of course when shipping to Australia, define cheap, right?

Just let us know what you are looking for and we will try to steer you in the right direction.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1