Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Where can I get/find headers for my g6 gxp

I have looked & looked for headers & stainless steel exhaust for my 09 g6 gxp 3.6 I can find headers for 3.5 but not the 3.6 where can I get headers & stainless steel exhaust for my car any help would be so appreciated 

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

Headers are a scarce item for the G6, among other items as the aftermarket arena for the car is/was so low. Remember a few people having to custom fab them for their G6. 

Unfortunately, I am unaware of anything at this time but :welcomeFP:

:welcomeFP:

I agree with Ringo. The only 3.6L header I know of is by JBA for the Pontiac G8 V6, which is entirely wrong. The G8 is a longitudinal powertrain car and the G6 is a transverse mounted powertrain. A custom set of headers or a high performance cat and/or cat-back exhaust system is about your only options at this point.

Thank you guys I know I have heard you can use a Malibu maxx as a base for the g6 gxp but they make headers for the 3.5 I haven’t seen anything else  performance wise for it what other  performance stuff can I do to it to get more power out of the car thanks for all your help &  suggestions 

• Founders

Without going custom, the limits of the G6 are rather small. Really a cold air intake, exhaust and a good tune is the majority of what is readily available and "lower" cost performance-wise. The G6 is a fantastic car, I've owned mine since new in 2006 but there isn't a wide variety of aftermarket parts available, like say for a Camaro. There may be some parts from the Malibu Maxx you may be able to scrounge which are compatible but about it without going too custom.

There are some suspension upgrades which you can perform if you're looking to get the car to handle better. Believe Eibach had a lowering kit and there are some other various upgrades, strut tower braces, etc..

• Like 1

Thank you guys I know I have heard you can use a Malibu maxx as a base for the g6 gxp but they make headers for the 3.5 I haven’t seen anything else  performance wise for it what other  performance stuff can I do to it to get more power out of the car thanks for all your help &  suggestions 

There are headers by OBX for the 2004-2007 Aura/Malibu/G6 with the 3.5L High Value V6 however you have the 3.6L High Feature V6, which is a different engine family entirely.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1

Thank you guys Is there a turbocharger I can add to that motor the 3.6 Kinda like the ats v motor it’s a 3.6 that looks like the same motor as the 09 3.6 liter I would love to put the drive train from an ATS V twin turbos on my g6 gxp will it work or is there a turbo I can add to my motor & where & what tune can I put to the motor I’m looking to add horsepower to the car anything that will make it put out more power thanks for your guys help it’s a bad little car I just want it to be badder & a sleeper car 

& who do know that can  custom make headers & Y pipe for me g6 gxp 3.6 or exhaust shop that can make custom headers cu I can get & use Malibu max cat back stainless steel exhaust it will fit my g6 gxp but I want to do the whole thing like I said make it a sleeper without anyone knowing it’s that fast & badass lol thanks again I appreciate all you guys information & feedback & help I really do 

• 1 month later...

I would call any of your local custom speed shops and see what they might charge for a custom set of headers. I know there are some in the Columbus area. Just don't expect this work to be cheap or quick. Custom means time consuming  AND expensive. Talk to them, see what they know about the High Feature V6 as far as performance parts go too.

• 2 months later...

If interested, an email to ZZPerformance (https://zzperformance.com/) may yield something. They started out as a GM 3800 (series 2/3) exclusive shop (quite a while ago) and have since morphed into multiple GM, Ford and even Slingshots aftermarket parts manufacturer. The 3.6 engine is not specifically listed on their website however, again, it may be worth a couple minutes to shoot off an email to them to see if they have anything for the G6 / Malibu platform (https://zzperformance.com/pages/contact-us).

Edited by Stewy

• 1 year later...