Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

The09GXP Progression thread

• Founders

I'm very picky about rims and honestly I couldn't tell you why. Either they work for me or they don't, kinda why I'm probably never going to get any for the 6er, apart from maybe some GTPs.

The VW looks alright with those rims because it matches the style of that car, I don't know how they would do on a 6er. Problem with the 6er too is not a good amount of rims looks good, well to me lol.

What I'm trying to get at is if you like them, that's all that matters, I'm just picky :lol:

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Believe me i'm very picky too, I have been looking around for a while for wheels. But everyone also has different tastes when it comes to modding or accessorizing your ride.

I'm not willing to go any lower really since there isn't any adjustment really for rear camber. Otherwise I would go alot lower lol. I just want a wheel that will sit flush and I think that the 9.5" with that offset should. Hard to say though.

I'm not willing to go any lower really since there isn't any adjustment really for rear camber. Otherwise I would go alot lower lol. I just want a wheel that will sit flush and I think that the 9.5" with that offset should. Hard to say though.

You can figure out if it'll be flush on paper if you know your current width and offset and the new. Then just take a 2x4 or something put it vertically resting at the top of the wheel wells and measure how far to the rim.

You would be suprised how far you can go with the right offset before you have to worry about hitting anything inboard.

Just my opinion, but if it's not RWD, wider wheels look overkill unless they're almost tucking or tucking up in the wheel well. It's just better wide and low.

There has to be a way to modify something to adjust the camber. I'm not saying that it's possible from the factory, a quick search shows that you're right in you can't, but there has to be a way to do it.

Do you have pics of your rear suspension or a diagram?

If you have a 4 bolt wheel bearing unit and your rear disks are attached via backing plate you can use a shim behind the wheel bearing/plate to add camber (add as in take out negative). They make these for other platforms without factory adjustment.

There are upper and lower control arms correct?

• 1 month later...

So if I can sell my current wheels on the GXP I would like to buy these in place of them.

Falken LX-55 20X8.5 +35 offset. Chrome lip with machined face.

lx55large.jpg

' date='May 23 2011, 08:11 PM' post='54451']

Stick with the TSWs.

I like your currant rims more. :agreed:

I want something different with a more aggressive fitment. The car is not a performance car nor will it be a performance car. So I would rather have a nice looking cruiser.

http://allentown.craigslist.org/pts/2373739612.html

have no idea what ur lookin for but just throwing these out there...these powdercoated black would be sexy

No thanks, the only way I would go 20's is with the ones I posted, otherwise i'm not interested.

I still like the rims you have now. But that is just me. What about the same rim in a larger size?

I still like the rims you have now. But that is just me. What about the same rim in a larger size?

It has been discontinued for a couple years now. I had to make alot of phone calls to track these down and have them drilled to the correct bolt pattern.

I don't need the other wheels, but if I can sell these i'll get the other ones in place.

• 4 weeks later...

So yesterday I found the awesome mod. It's the stage 3 third place trophy mod. Tell me what you think!

2011-06-18_17-39-35_622.jpg