Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

The09GXP Progression thread

This is a thread for progress of my G6 GXP.

Before purchase

IMG_3396.jpg

After purchase, first cleaning of the many it will get by me also removed the front plate bracket and any dealer advertising.

IMG_3409.jpg

IMG_3408.jpg

IMG_3413.jpg

Bought it it's first parts to be installed soon. Someone on another forum said that I bought pepboys parts lol.

IMG_3429.jpg

IMG_3430.jpg

IMG_3431.jpg

Got a lil bored today, I guess it can't be good when you're sitting around on a sunday.

1017001635.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

' date='Oct 18 2010, 09:46 AM' post='38735']

Needs moar debadge.

Part of me doesn't want to pull the badging since it's a GXP, if it were just a GT or something like that then it would be done already.

Part of me doesn't want to pull the badging since it's a GXP, if it were just a GT or something like that then it would be done already.

Just save the badges. :) People already have a hard time knowing what the hell cars are, since the majority of folks out there know that G6's are supposed to be slow, why not let them think you're "slow"? :lol2:

To boot, badges of any type make the car look cluttered and tacky, IMO.

• Founders

I say no on the debadge :)

IMO badges enhance the look to a degree of the car, depending on what car. If this was some Honda or Toyota I'd say debadge but with all the history of Pontiac and now that it is defunct, I say wear them proud.

Then again this is coming from a guy who wants to turn a 2010 Camaro into a Trans Am... so to each his own.

Bought it it's first parts to be installed soon. Someone on another forum said that I bought pepboys parts lol.

IMG_3429.jpg

IMG_3430.jpg

IMG_3431.jpg

Part numbers!

have you ever heard that setup on a G6 yet? hmmmmmm.... looks like a BA option

60DegreeVVT No I have not heard this setup, i'm going in blind on this but have a good feeling for it.

10633 for the muffler

1793 for the resonator

1303 for the tips

First installed mod on the GXP sunday afternoon

IMG_3467.jpg

You should check out getting a cone style intake... Does not have to be the, um, most popular/go to intake.

I got an "Injen" knock off that is full length and personaly i love it.

And we did talk about how to get you there as well.

I'm happy with the drop in, it does exactly what I wanted it to do. It was a replacement air filter that I won't have to ever replace again. Besides my stock filter you could not see a bit of light through.

I say no on the debadge :dancingpontiac:

Then again this is coming from a guy who wants to turn a 2010 Camaro into a Trans Am... so to each his own.

I have to say I agree with keeping the badges on also, they look good, GXP's always turn my head around here haha. Also, You're not the only guy out there who wants to do the camaro T/A swap, I've got the websites for the swap kits saved into my laptop, and pictures of the swap in two different colors/occasions.

Back on topic -- haven't had the chance to say anything yet but nice car! It looks good, just keep up the good work!

About the exhaust, as most girlfriends would probably say (including mine) "oooh shiney" haha!

I'm happy with the drop in, it does exactly what I wanted it to do. It was a replacement air filter that I won't have to ever replace again. Besides my stock filter you could not see a bit of light through.

Have you or are you going to remove the intake resinator?

I prolly won't remove it. I don't feel like fighting trying to get the headlight out of the way to get to it.

I prolly won't remove it. I don't feel like fighting trying to get the headlight out of the way to get to it.

Thats easy... don't remove the headlight.. I didn't on my 05 and I didn't on a seperate 09

Everything came out in one piece to boot..

BTW.. very nice lookin car

(edit: I feel as if I should have more posts.. oh wait.. )

that is BY FAR the BEST EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER Exhaust i have ever heard....

EFF that garbage that they push on that other place... i love it.

too bad it will sound different on a pushrod engine. but i am going to do that!

Do you have under side pictures?