Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Helped needed regarding 69 GTO

Hello!, I'm new so if this is in the wrong place  please redirect me. I've recently started to look at 1969 GTOs and one really caught my eye but I'm a little wary of it. It's a 69 4 speed GTO Judge with ram air 3, a radio, power steering and brakes. The car is pretty rough but that's nothing new to me. I'm wondering what something like this would be worth in a 7 to 8 condition, I'm not very caught up with the values of these cars and figured somebody here might be able to help, I don't want to exceed the true value of the car when trying to fix it. Thanks for the help!

Edited by Ben_papp15

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

According to Haggerty Collector Car Insurance, in top condition (#1), this car should be worth $56.000. So the price should only go down from there. 

So things to consider.

1. Is it a true GTO (VIN begins with 242, anything else it is really a Tempest or a Lemans in GTO clothing - aka a clone)? Clones are worth a lot less than an original GTO.

2. Is it a real Judge?  Only PHS (Pontiac Historical Services) documentation will verify that since the Judge was an option off the GTO only. Tempest, Lemans, and GTOs can all be cloned into Judges. So if the owner has the PHS documentation for the car, have him/her show it to you.

3. Is this a numbers matching GTO (does the engine and transmission match the VIN # of the car)?  Non-numbers matching powertrains often devalue a cars worth if it is a desirable collector car.

4. What condition are the mechanical systems? Does the engine run? Does the car drive? Etc.

5. How rough is the sheet metal, paint, and chrome? Are pieces missing?

6. How rough is the interior? Will it need new carpet, seats, etc?

The bottom line is the car is worth what the seller is willing to sell it for and what someone is willing to pay for it.

Without pictures or seeing the car, I am not sure what I think this car is worth. If there is a lot of rust repair, I don't think I'd go over $15k - even if it is an original, numbers matching Judge because of the amount of money it will take to bring it back. You just have to use some common sense and your instinct and the art of negotiation.

• Thanks 1

Exactly what Frosty said! Don’t let desire get the best of you! View it as a business transaction nothing more, no matter how much you want the car. Cross all the T’s dot all the I’s. Celebrate after you’ve made a good deal!

• Thanks 1