Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Longtime Pontiac Driver, First Time Poster

Hi everyone 👋. Just decided to take the leap and join F.P. (heard about everyone through social media and postings relating to the Woodward cruise). I've been driving a Pontiac in one form or another since 1998 and have in the past been an active member in other Pontiac message forums (Grand Prix, specifically) which have each gone the way of the dinosaur (such is life, I suppose).

I started in the Pontiac realm with a hand-me-down Bonneville that had the 3800 engine. The great experience I had with that engine carried me into my first Grand Prix (I went with the Grand Prix specifically because it had the 3800 - Series II at that point). When, early one winter morning, icy roads claimed the life of my first Grand Prix, it only made sense to go with another one (now with the Series III). After driving this Grand Prix for about a year as a daily I decided to do one of the single most expensive mods I've done to the car - buy another vehicle as my daily ('96 Blazer 4WD) and promote the Grand Prix to show-car status. Around this time I met the woman who would become my wife and, coming from the Grand Prix world herself (with a '95), she felt it was time to upgrade (mainly due to reliability issues with the '95 and how it liked to eat head gaskets), she picked up an '05 after picking my brain about my experience with the 3800 engines and Grand Prixs.

At that point, as they, say, the rest is history 😃.

I enjoy taking my show Grand Prix to various car shows (I'm a HUGE fan of Flint's "Back to the Bricks" - even more than Woodward, I admit 😯). However, life seems to get in the way much of the time and I am not able to be involved in shows / cruises nearly as much as I would like 😢.

Anyway, past / current Pontiacs are:

1. 1989 Bonneville LE (08/1998-10/2001) - "The Bonnie" - 3800 V6 "pre-Series I"
  2. 1999 Grand Prix GT (10/2001-12/2006) - "Phoenix" - 3800 V6 "Series II"
  3. 2005 Grand Prix GT2 (01/2007 - present) - "Renovatio" (show car) - 3800 V6 "Series III"
  4. 2005 Grand Prix GT2 (09/2007 - present) - "Bleen" (wife's daily) - 3800 V6 "Series III"

01.jpg.ce9546288e76d49d5db27b6cd742b632.jpg02.jpg.b87b093f48828e7d5883645aa8347cea.jpgx

Thanks for letting me introduce myself and am looking forward to getting back into the Pontiac message forum world.

-Nathan

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

:welcomeFP:

Sounds like you may kinda like the Grand Prix :lol: . Great to see that love affair for the car and then carry over to human love with your wife! 

Anything done to your Prixs?

:welcomeFP:  Nathan. Nice set of Pontiacs you've had there.

Where in the Mid-Michigan area are you from? I'm from the Flint area, JUSTA6 is near Clarkston, Indyman Joe is in Milford. notallthere is from Sarnia, Ontario.

Thanks for the welcome, everyone 😀

Anything done to your Prixs?

Hey Ringo. My wife's Grand Prix being the daily driver with over 256,000 on the clock is fully stock (by intention) with the exception of a K&N drop-in engine air filter (carry over from when I upgraded the intake on the show Grand Prix). I'm pretty picky about keeping up on the maintenance and any repairs to keep her car dependable.

Pretty much every system has been touched at length in the show Grand Prix (intake, PCM tune, engine, transmission, brakes, handling, lighting - inside & outside, exhaust - from heads to tips, audio, tires and aesthetics - too much to fully list here). I'm in the middle (when I have time 😛) of upgrading / re-wiring a custom made control panel which controls a variety of things in the car. My motto with the car is "A 'lil show with a 'lil go". I'm pretty picky about changing visuals of the car - my goal all along has been to keep the car looking as if it had just rolled off the line so I work at preserving the original design / visual flow as much as I can.

Nathan. Nice set of Pontiacs you've had there.

Where in the Mid-Michigan area are you from? I'm from the Flint area, JUSTA6 is near Clarkston, Indyman Joe is in Milford. notallthere is from Sarnia, Ontario

Thanks Frosty - I work hard to keep 'em working well and lookin' nice. I'm actually just outside of the Flint Township line (about 15 mins from Saginaw St. / downtown Flint). I see you're from the Davison area - I grew up in Lapeer and was just to your Menard's a couple days ago for house project material that I couldn't find at my local Depot 😀.

Welcome Nathan, always happy to see another member of the mitten.

Thanks, JUSTA6 - born & bread 😀

• Founders
2 hours ago, Stewy said:

Pretty much every system has been touched at length in the show Grand Prix (intake, PCM tune, engine, transmission, brakes, handling, lighting - inside & outside, exhaust - from heads to tips, audio, tires and aesthetics - too much to fully list here). I'm in the middle (when I have time 😛) of upgrading / re-wiring a custom made control panel which controls a variety of things in the car. My motto with the car is "A 'lil show with a 'lil go". I'm pretty picky about changing visuals of the car - my goal all along has been to keep the car looking as if it had just rolled off the line so I work at preserving the original design / visual flow as much as I can.

Nice! Look forward to hearing and seeing more about it :) 

Nice! Look forward to hearing and seeing more about it

👍

I'll post some pictures when I can get some extra time - I've introduced myself now it's time to introduce Ren 😉

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Stewy said:

Hi everyone 👋. Just decided to take the leap and join F.P. (heard about everyone through social media and postings relating to the Woodward cruise). I've been driving a Pontiac in one form or another since 1998 and have in the past been an active member in other Pontiac message forums (Grand Prix, specifically) which have each gone the way of the dinosaur (such is life, I suppose).

I started in the Pontiac realm with a hand-me-down Bonneville that had the 3800 engine. The great experience I had with that engine carried me into my first Grand Prix (I went with the Grand Prix specifically because it had the 3800 - Series II at that point). When, early one winter morning, icy roads claimed the life of my first Grand Prix, it only made sense to go with another one (now with the Series III). After driving this Grand Prix for about a year as a daily I decided to do one of the single most expensive mods I've done to the car - buy another vehicle as my daily ('96 Blazer 4WD) and promote the Grand Prix to show-car status. Around this time I met the woman who would become my wife and, coming from the Grand Prix world herself (with a '95), she felt it was time to upgrade (mainly due to reliability issues with the '95 and how it liked to eat head gaskets), she picked up an '05 after picking my brain about my experience with the 3800 engines and Grand Prixs.

At that point, as they, say, the rest is history 😃.

I enjoy taking my show Grand Prix to various car shows (I'm a HUGE fan of Flint's "Back to the Bricks" - even more than Woodward, I admit 😯). However, life seems to get in the way much of the time and I am not able to be involved in shows / cruises nearly as much as I would like 😢.

Anyway, past / current Pontiacs are:

1. 1989 Bonneville LE (08/1998-10/2001) - "The Bonnie" - 3800 V6 "pre-Series I"
  2. 1999 Grand Prix GT (10/2001-12/2006) - "Phoenix" - 3800 V6 "Series II"
  3. 2005 Grand Prix GT2 (01/2007 - present) - "Renovatio" (show car) - 3800 V6 "Series III"
  4. 2005 Grand Prix GT2 (09/2007 - present) - "Bleen" (wife's daily) - 3800 V6 "Series III"

01.jpg.ce9546288e76d49d5db27b6cd742b632.jpg02.jpg.b87b093f48828e7d5883645aa8347cea.jpgx

Thanks for letting me introduce myself and am looking forward to getting back into the Pontiac message forum world.

-Nathan

Welcome Nathan! Nice assemblage of GPs. The 3800 had/has a lot more potential than most understood. As did many of GMs FWDs in general. If you’re looking for info or just general ideas to peruse, you will enjoy the site.

Welcome Nathan! Nice assemblage of GPs. The 3800 had/has a lot more potential than most understood. As did many of GMs FWDs in general. If you’re looking for info or just general ideas to peruse, you will enjoy the site.

Thanks, Gary - looking forward to it! 🙂