Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1978 Engine Bay Detail

I bought my TA back in 1979, sine then some parts through the years I used I wasn’t concerned how factory it was, now I’m trying to get it back, which is hard.  I put the color striped vac lines from Ames on, a friend had the 2 Rad hoses made for me, ( not installed yet) found a correct water pump, also, I put a Freedom Battery Topper, which is a nice detail. 

image.jpg

Edited by Burd
  • Like 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I bought the car w/ 11k. Ike’s on it, some reason there must of been a ground issue on the AC, the main ground was moved and 3 splices I found in the harness, a friend sent me a like new OG one, so I recently swapped it out, and ga e it a pound of R-12.  It’s been 17 years since a charge.  

Edited by Burd

Looks good. I applaud your work.

You replaced the master brake cylinder at some point in time over the last 40 years, didn't you Burd? The reason I say that it is appears to be "cast iron" color. On most cars that would be fine. If you search unrestored Pontiacs, especially 3rd-gen Firebirds and Trans Ams, I think you will find that the master brake cylinder is black on Pontiacs and not cast iron - research it, don't just take my word for it. I made the same mistake on Lucy, which I just recently corrected.

Edited by Frosty

That’s my Oag master, it was rebuilt along with the calipers years ago, ya it needs to be black.  A few other things need to be fixed as well, hood latch. Norwood does those, I may send mine to him. Also, I. Getting the OG accumulator rebuilt.   

No worries. I just pointed it out since it is one of those subtle things a lot of people miss. Frankly, I like the cast iron look. I think there is too much black in GM engine bays to begin with, especially with the firewall and inner fenders painted black to begin with. I think Mother Mopar had the right idea painting the engine bay body color.

• Founders
1 hour ago, Frosty said:

I think Mother Mopar had the right idea painting the engine bay body color.

For looks, I definitely agree. Everyday use, might be better with black as it shows less grease, etc...

• Like 1