Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

[Car] 2010 Camaro 2SS

Ringo64

• Founders

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Grade: A-

Well today I ventured over to the local Chevy dealership after work to test drive the good ole Camaro. As the title of this article says it was a 2010 Camaro 2SS with the RS Package (Image above ;) ). It was black with a red striping and the interior was leather that goes with the 2SS package and was black with red inserts. All looked pretty good and GM pulled the color scheme off very well! My first gripe is rather with the dealer than with GM. With going all out with this black scheme that they ordered they didn't get the black chrome rims that are an option with the Camaro from factory, otherwise the color scheme was perfect on it. Finishing up the exterior review, everything seemed very appeasing and all what you would expect from the Chevy Camaro name.

Now onto the test drive, the first thing that I noticed was how "enclosed" you felt inside of the car. Its not really horrible but if you're a really claustrophobic person i wouldn't recommend this car but I did get really used to it and was fine by the end of the 15 minute test drive I took so it wasn't really horrible. Moving on, I absolutely loved the Brembo brakes on this car! It made stopping a pleasure rather than a chore. Going through town with the LS3 at my beck and call was great too! It purred like a kitten when I wanted it to and was silent when I didn't, a nice set of pipes will leave anybody creaming in their pants with this car! This car also included padal shifters on the steering wheel which I didn't have time to try but they would be a great addition to automatic transmission I was driving. I would definitely recommend the manual transmission if you are looking to buy.

Heading back to the interior, something I didn't really like about it was a couple locations and placement of such items like the door handle, the gas and brake, as well as the radio controls were a bit odd for my taste but all of this could be easily adjusted to my likings by just driving the car more :)

Overall I was really really impressed with this vehicle and the flaws did not shine through in my driving of it enough to change my mind about this car. The pluses out weighed the minuses during the drive! Something I will close with is this car had one of the most comfortable and well adjusted seats I have seen in a car in about forever!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

idk I for the most part hate driving the camaro's you feel like your in a submarine and a large one at that. They look good from the outside I just hate being inside of them lol. I had one going sideways just about in the rain one day fun times lol. I have said it before but I will say it again after driving a couple 2011 mustangs the camaro has nothing on it.

• Founders

I didn't think it was that bad but I didn't really open it up as much as I would have liked to in the time I had because the sales guy was with me and there was a lot of traffic. Sadly though this is a fast drag car, not a fast course car. Although through some videos I've seen it fared pretty well against the 2010 Mustang in the course.

Funny, I drove the exact same Camaro (except in cali...)

The only thing I liked was the steering and suspension, other than that, WAY too wide and Not as much get up and go as my GTO. :lol2:

2010 mustang yes. 2011 mustang hell no. if you are gunna drop this kinda coin on a car soon i recommend test driving the 2011 mustang GT with the 5.0 That car is mother effing sick and requires mods from a camaro with ls3 to even hang. only downside is if you want to do a cam swap i think theres 2 or 4 or something which would suck ass haha. but honestly for an out of the box competitor, i recommend you at least test drive the 5.0

(of course I still say Goat but this is beyond what you are looking at)

Also...for the money you're spending...i say this.....

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=377737

ummmm 700 hp? for the same price...id say YEAH

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Founders

Does it feel similar to driving a Monte Carlo, size wise?

I used to drive a '95 Monte Carlo and the Camaro is so much better. It's a slight boat but it has come a long ways.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

speaking of maro's, maybe you might want to check this out.

http://www.slponline.com/

This company is based out of the NY NJ area. They currently have a phone system with my company. I assisted in creating and installing their PBX system so when you call, all the call routes were created by yours truly. lol.

Anywho, check out the Camaro's that they build. Pretty crazy.

Camaro = Win! Then + A sprinkling of SLP awesome sauce = Win X's 2. :rofl:

• 9 months later...

Now you can write a even better camaro review since you bought one lol. I still want a new mustang though, camaro's are nice to look at but I just can't like driving them much. I have driven regular 6spd ones and ones with the hurst short shifter and they just make it hard to rump on them. When your in the higher rpm's you really have to finesse It not to grind gears, its not a smooth shifter either. Gm makes plenty of cars that drive well and shift easily but not the camaro in my opinion. The Hud is pretty cool, you can see the temp, radio station, turn signals, speed.

• Founders

Now you can write a even better camaro review since you bought one lol. I still want a new mustang though, camaro's are nice to look at but I just can't like driving them much. I have driven regular 6spd ones and ones with the hurst short shifter and they just make it hard to rump on them. When your in the higher rpm's you really have to finesse It not to grind gears, its not a smooth shifter either. Gm makes plenty of cars that drive well and shift easily but not the camaro in my opinion. The Hud is pretty cool, you can see the temp, radio station, turn signals, speed.

:lol: Yeah I can! Yeah the shifting on the M6 has been one of the complaints that seems to come across a lot and something I noticed when I test drove an M6. Otherwise it is a great car lol