Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

JAKEMAN New Ride AGAIN

Jakeman17

Well the 93 Eclipse didnt work out so im selling the body as a roller. with everything. I found a 93 Honda Accord LX on Craigslist for $400 went and looked and drove it. Ran and Drove very well. All it needs was a Master Cylinder, Exhaust and fix coolant leak. The CEL came on after I drove it tried talking the guy down a little but ended up getting it for $400. It made the 1.5 hour ride home.There is some rust but not much.

abdacf4f.jpg

f9db672e.jpg

436b9e4a.jpg

51d0c617.jpg

26a195e4.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh and the rust is called Honda Cancer

Talk to GovtCheese about those accords... his is boosted!

Well The GS blew up and I need a car. Ashley has the Jeep and is driving a lot to work and our works our interfereing like we figured I sold the motor for the GS that I thought was right and it wasnt. and bought this junk to get me to and from work with good gas milage

Killiger

the green wheel was my add to the junk its not stay like that though. The car is becoming black sooner than later. There not sticker it is window paint that my friends GF thought was funny bc I left the car at his house the first night i got it bc i also had the jeep

Things to buy for $400:

nintendoDS,

playstation3,

pc-games,

food,

save it at a bank for later,

mp3,

Ipod,

Wii,

games,

TV,

New phone

NOT A CAR! :o

Things to buy for $400:

nintendoDS,

playstation3,

pc-games,

food,

save it at a bank for later,

mp3,

Ipod,

Wii,

games,

TV,

New phone

NOT A CAR! :o

You forgot about the hooker... The one who lets you swing from the rafters

You spend $400 on car mods, not a whole car.

Jake, I say this as a concerned friend:

At my job, there's two guys that go through cars like water because they don't save up. They hunt on CL for junkers, a buddy of mine has been through four cars during the course of this summer.

Get a car loan!

• Founders

All I got to say is save your money! Your going to spend more money on buying these junkers than just saving up and getting a good car :D

Stick with this as long as possible, keep it as a DD then SAVE UP! Buy a good car!

another car :huh: and a Honda :) and um um um WTH? :D

ok first things first slap yourself for me Please! ................WAAP!!!!

ok now that thats done.............

come on Jake find something and stick it out. I hope this one runs with little money to be spent on it.

Drive this one and save up and get a semi good car...... now.. then drive it for a while and save up for something better down the road. drive THAT car for a while and save up for your next BETTER car THEN..... wait for it..... wait for it........ now drive SAID car for a bit too and yes save up for your next better car. see how it works buddy. ;):cheers:

I thought I should show you how it works. you have to get cars that last longer than one week to 4 months. :rofl:

you bought a car for less than the phone i am saving up for costs......

but im not telling you to go ahead an sell it, take Jedi's advice and drive it around, spend LITTLE money on it (only for parts it NEEDS) and save the rest. Trust me, i am just like you, spending whatever money we have on whatever we can get our hands on, but im trying to work on it. Make a goal of saving up 6 grand. you will feel happy with yourself and then sell the honda and get a german or domestic car. Imagine the happiness

*pause to allow imagination to kick in*

and imagine the shock on your neighbors faces when you, one day, have a POS honda, and, the next day, have an S10 extreme or maybe even an older BMW or Audi. Good Luck Jake, I truly mean that!

Dude FORD yea! Nevermind the haters, that car is way more reliable than a european/american car of the same stature. Bought my fiance's accord for $500, have almost $1k in it all together now, had to put a new head gasket on it, but would drive it to Cali & back w/o a worry.

62507_437507471362_679856362_5739168_5540930_n.jpg

Those cars are FORDing monsters when boosted, with a little clean up that will make a nice beater, because after all, why spend over an initial $800 for a decent beater.

Have you checked the T-belt yet?

Have not checked belt yet.

Jedi and Ringo thats what im doing i needed to get to and from work and couldnt with a car with blown motor. I had a couple hundred from a motor I sold but thats all. Im trying to start saving and then will look for a decent car. I just gotta get back on my feet from not having a job.

Hopefully It only gonna be a winter car and be done after that depending on my money situation

• 2 weeks later...

really exhaust cutout? c'mon... that cant sound good. i had a buddy growing up who had a 1990 z24 with a straight pipe and it farted all over town...

the car is hurt... glad it is a GM but hurt.

To hell with the haters. If I find an accord like that for 400 and I have a place to keep it I will pick it up in a heart beat. Those things are solid, hell if it didn't have any issues and body was still in that condition, you could get 1500 for it easily.

great pick up.