Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

GTO TEX's 1966 GTO

2018 June
of the Month

• Welcome to Forever Pontiac

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, full of great ideas for Pontiac performance, maintenance, or for peer-to-peer assistance from Professional and DIY mechanics. Also, compete in our Pontiac monthly competitions. Please register if you'd like to take part.

Ive been looking at buying the 2.4L turbocharger engine from an american cobalt and i was wondering if it would have the same fit as my 2.2L ecotec engine? i currently have the 2.2L ecotec in a 2006 g5 coupe base trim. any suggestions welcome

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

My guess is it is possible but how easy to accomplish it? I have no idea.

Definitely gonna need to do a tune, maybe more depending on if this has been done before... check to see if your car can handle it as well (tranny, suspension, etc...).

Overall it might be a big build but definitely worth it!

to my knowledge the 2.4 never had a SC.

The M62 from the Cobalt SS is the LSJ motor and it was a 2.0 motor.

and YES the LSJ SC setup will fit the 2.2 motor. if it comes off the 2.4 LE5 it will also work.

make sure that you get all the pieces. you can also talk to people on ionforums.net they do this swap all the time!

Ive been looking at buying the 2.4L turbocharger engine from an american cobalt and i was wondering if it would have the same fit as my 2.2L ecotec engine? i currently have the 2.2L ecotec in a 2006 g5 coupe base trim. any suggestions welcome

Are you talking about the 2.0 (LNF) turbo set-up out of the 08-current Cobalt SS'? 2.4's never had any forced induction components, however I'm pretty sure it will swap over, unless they changed the exh mani bolt pattern on the head.

Are you talking about the 2.0 (LNF) turbo set-up out of the 08-current Cobalt SS'? 2.4's never had any forced induction components, however I'm pretty sure it will swap over, unless they changed the exh mani bolt pattern on the head.

:D

Yes it can physically bolt on with no problem.

HOWEVER, I do not know if the 2.2 eco for the Cobalts/G5/Ion has been able to be tuned yet. Last I checked was a year ago and they couldnt crack the ecm.

Yes it can physically bolt on with no problem.

HOWEVER, I do not know if the 2.2 eco for the Cobalts/G5/Ion has been able to be tuned yet. Last I checked was a year ago and they couldnt crack the ecm.

Yeah, for some reason the new Pontiacs are notorious for having a PITA ECM, G6 included :D