Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

2020 Chevrolet Corvette

Ringo64

• Founders

Thoughts on the new Corvette? The styling could use a little work, especially the interior IMO but the performance being offered is pretty good for the price.

Sub 3s 0-60 in the base model.

67242037_10157297887197296_1157185432174198784_o.png

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

This is a pretty good article that covers pretty much everything of the event last night with in person pics: https://www.corvetteonline.com/news/mid-engine-c8-corvette-revealed-0-60-under-3-seconds-msrp-60000/

I worry that GM is going to price this car into the stratosphere to compete with the likes of Ferrari, Lambragini, and such. The Corvette has always been the poor man's supercar. Let's hope they continue to remember that mantra.

• Founders
1 hour ago, Frosty said:

I worry that GM is going to price this car into the stratosphere to compete with the likes of Ferrari, Lambragini, and such. The Corvette has always been the poor man's supercar. Let's hope they continue to remember that mantra.

This is my biggest concern.

Actual MSRP has not been released. However, at the release they did promise sub-$60k for the base starting price. If that is the case, can easily tell you that these will sell like hotcakes and dealers will be pricing them well above that. That may be the case even with the base price at 70 or 80...

The C7 Corvettes were already in those price ranges and well over $100k for a fully loaded ZO6 convertible. I know the sticker on my buddy's 2015 C7 MSRPed at slightly over $80k before my dad's employee discount and that Vette was not a Z06 or fully loaded (but it was a convertible).

• Founders

Yeah, I would read that MSRP comment as "we may produce one car with no options so we can call the 'base price' sub-$60k. Every other car will be priced starting at $90k" :lol: 

19 hours ago, Ringo64 said:

Yeah, I would read that MSRP comment as "we may produce one car with no options so we can call the 'base price' sub-$60k. Every other car will be priced starting at $90k" :lol: 

Still 1/2 price of the rest of the supercar crowd.   Waaay otta my league.

• Founders
38 minutes ago, JUSTA6 said:

Still 1/2 price of the rest of the supercar crowd.   Waaay otta my league.

No doubt! Even at $90k it’s a bang for its buck. Just ain’t affordable by the average joe. 

I wish they would have made the corvette a two car line-up by continuing to build the C7 along with the new C8. I admit that I don't know anything abput manufacturing costs, but GM already had the tooling for the C7 and wouldn't think any of it would able to be used on the C8, so they would have to have created all new tooling. I would assume you would have to open a whole new production line, however... they couldn't both be built on the same line.

I'm going to wait till I see a C8 in the flesh before I decide on the styling. Right now I'm leaning to the "slightly disappointed" side.

I do believe GM will keep the base price within a couple of grand of the current C7 base. They know this is a big deal and would not want all the negative press that would come their way with a base price a lot higher than a C7.

• Founders
18 hours ago, stratman said:

wish they would have made the corvette a two car line-up by continuing to build the C7 along with the new C8. I admit that I don't know anything abput manufacturing costs, but GM already had the tooling for the C7 and wouldn't think any of it would able to be used on the C8, so they would have to have created all new tooling. I would assume you would have to open a whole new production line, however... they couldn't both be built on the same line.

All but 1 part is brand new so I mean, you got a point and they were thinking of something similar to this (if my memory serves). Wouldn’t have minded to see this, especially if that meant lower prices on new C7’s. 

18 hours ago, stratman said:

I'm going to wait till I see a C8 in the flesh before I decide on the styling. Right now I'm leaning to the "slightly disappointed" side.

It’s growing on me and quickly. First sight, it didn’t do justice for me but love it more each time I see it. 

Especially the spider version:

429C20C9-7732-4500-8C28-5D313A8C77FF.jpeg

• Like 1