Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Shakercars's 1972 Trans Am

2019 August
of the Month

• Welcome!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, full of great ideas for Pontiac performance, maintenance, or for peer-to-peer assistance from Professional and DIY mechanics. Also, compete in our Pontiac monthly competitions. Please register if you'd like to take part.

Ringo64

20 Forgotten Pontiacs Most People Never Knew Existed

https://motor-junkie.com/14-forgotten-pontiacs-probably-never-knew-existed/2218/

Decent article with one I was not aware of like the Sunburst. Any you didn't know or forgot about?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I'd never heard or seen the Pontiac Farago CF 428 before. I am disappointed that they went between concept vehicles and production vehicles. I think I would have suggested that the author stick to one or the other. Especially since, in the case of the Banshee series there were four of them, they only mention #1 and #4. I guess #2 and #3 didn't make the grade.

We could mention most of the Canadian-built Pontiacs, the Australian-built Pontiac pickup of 1929, the delivery trucks of 1926 1/2 to 1928, the 1979-1980 Grand Camino, the four-passenger Fiero or the lone convertible Fiero, virtually any of the other unnamed concept cars, the Pontiac G8 ST (that almost made production), the Mexico-only G3

How about the 1977 Pontiac Phantom - mind you this is not a working car but a full size model

image.png.a02e9cfe0a4014ed40ddf016b70e49f1.png

Ditto the 1999 Concept GTO....

image.png.8f0f7666b146f93c73817c81e7a02bd0.png

• Like 1

There are probably a lot to add on to that list. I was expecting the article to be pretty plain-jane and only things the light-hearted auto enthusiast would know. I was pretty happy but I too like the notes you made Frosty. Heck you should create one for each of the categories you brought up :P

Be careful what you wish for Ringo. You just might get it.

40 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Be careful what you wish for Ringo. You just might get it.

not even mad christoph waltz GIF

57 minutes ago, Stewy said:

Pontiac Aztek (concept) - MANY people I know of looked harshly on the (production) Aztek - regardless of styling, I give GM props for having the courage to put something so "different" into production

Those who own them love them. It's much of a cult following.