Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1975 400 for a 1966 grand Prix

So I bought a 1975 pontiac 400 to put in my 1966 Pontiac Grand Prix that had a 389. Got  a great deal on a rebuilt  400 and  the motor mounts are different, What  frame mount can i use to make it fit correctly? Any Good advise would be appreciated. 

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

A 389 block and a 400 block are external the same. However, I think your issue is with the engine mount holes (that are drilled and tapped). They do not line up, correct?

image.png.8a4e4ec46133b70f2dade29035d93a73.png

Blocks made between 1970 and 1976 had five holes so that blocks could be used in both the new and old models. 1977 to 1981 only had the three holes. So you may have to drill and tap the proper bolt holes if they are not drilled and tapped already.

1959-1969 Blocks have only (2) motor mount holes on each side of the block (see #2 & #5). These blocks will fit any 1964-1974 Pontiac A-body except cars originally equipped with a 455, which used a 3-bolt style mount. Later cars with 3-bolt motor mounts can be adapted to fit this block using a Butler Performance WRP-MM6 or Ames Performance N24CCA adapter kit. The adapters are available but not a perfect fit so expect some swearing / adjusting when installing.