Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Yahoo write up on Pontiac

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

mercury, i dont think anyone is missing them

Missing what they were now ... probably not. What they were in the past? what they used to represent before corporate management rendered them obsolete? Yeah .. just like Olds.

• Founders

mercury, i dont think anyone is missing them

Eh, its more of an eye opener of how much of a turn some companies had to make, in Mercury's case.

• 4 weeks later...

the only thing i think we can miss from the list is Pontiac.

hummer won't be missed. they still make the military version right?

Nope, if I remember correctly, they replaced it with something else, too tired to remember, but I do know the Humvee wasn't practical in Afghanistan

yeah, I just read another one today about Pontiac specifically.

goodbye Pontiac

Definitely sucks, but you could see it coming a long time ago with the way GM was treating the company. I still think the brand had something special and could have been something better than it was the last two decades, but we'll never know now. Goodbye Pontiac... you will be missed! :(

• 1 month later...

I wonder if the Holden brand (Australian made) will keep on kicking for years to come.

I was in New Zealand last year for a few months and I saw those sweet ass Holden cars everywhere.

The Holden Commodore (re-badged as G8 here in the US) was very common on the roads of NZ. Made me want to buy a G8 when I got back here.

the only thing i think we can miss from the list is Pontiac.

hummer won't be missed. they still make the military version right?

http://www.amgeneral.com/corporate/news/hu...made-in-america

AM General still builds the HUMVEE for the military. In fact, AM General received an order for 500 HUMVEEs in May. They are currently in a joint venture with General Dynmaics developing the Joint Light Tactical Vehicle (JLTV).

AM General was spun off from Americal Motors to build government vehicles before AMC was purchased by Chrysler. AM General is headquartered in South Bend, Indiana. In fact, they took over some of the old Studebaker plants for it's corporate offices.