Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Shakercars's 1972 Trans Am

2019 August
of the Month

• Welcome!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, full of great ideas for Pontiac performance, maintenance, or for peer-to-peer assistance from Professional and DIY mechanics. Also, compete in our Pontiac monthly competitions. Please register if you'd like to take part.

Open Club  ·  25 members  ·  Free

Great Lakes
Frosty

Motor City POCI - Summer Round Up - July 13, 2019

The Motor City POCI Summer Round Up is Saturday, July 13, 2019 at Baker's in Milford. Early registration is $20. It ends Monday, July 8th.

https://motorcitypoci.com/events/

This is the second show of the SE Michigan "tri-power" shows. 

• Like 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Realized this club didn't have a calendar. Sorry about that!

Created this event for you guys. Has an RSVP, address and date/time so may be a little more friendly than a forum topic. Plus it will show up in the calendar widgets and the main calendar application to gain attention :) 

• Like 1

See you there...Justa66 N JustaG6

I'm pre-registered, I'll be there. Any word from Indyman Joe? This is in his backyard.

BTW - I just got the registration form for Sellers in the mail over the weekend.

5 hours ago, Frosty said:

I'm pre-registered, I'll be there. Any word from Indyman Joe? This is in his backyard.

BTW - I just got the registration form for Sellers in the mail over the weekend.

We did too.  Haven't heard from Indy,  was Justa gonna give him a call.

I phoned him on my way home from work. He forgot that it was this weekend. He said he’d be there by 9 am.

Sweet.........

Great show as always.Looking forward to our FP Michigan photographer's Pics coming soon.

Lucy gave me some problems after the show. She tried to overheat twice. I nearly pegged the temp gage both times. Strange thing is, she did not leak any coolant. I did have to add about a gallon of coolant. She jumped up real quick running down I-696 heading east while I was trying to get to the Widetrackers meeting - I was doing about 70 mph on the freeway at the time. I had to stop a second time at 10 Mile Rd and Southfield.

I nearly got scalded because I didn't let the car cool down enough the first time in Farmington Hills. I got a slight coolant bath but not severe. Still the radiator cap flew 10 feet away. So that is part of the reason why I had to add so much coolant.

Once I stopped the second time, I just drove down 10 Mile until I hit Woodward. I drove up Woodward through Pontiac into Lake Orion. Without going over 55-60 mph, the car stayed cool. Not sure what happened or why that is.  After the club meeting, I was able to get it home with no overheating issues.

My first suspect is the thermostat sticking closed for some reason. My second suspect maybe a faulty engine temp sender (wire or sensor). I have not had a chance to check the coolant level now that its back home and cooled off. Yesterday was my kid's 20th birthday party, and the whole family was over. No chance to look at the car.

I welcome everyone's thoughts.

I just got an email from Ray Golota, Treasurer of the Motor City POCI group. It seems one of their members shot a small video of the show. It's about 20 minutes long. 

Enjoy the show!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

I nearly got scalded because I didn't let the car cool down enough the first time in Farmington Hills. I got a slight coolant bath but not severe. Still the radiator cap flew 10 feet away. So that is part of the reason why I had to add so much coolant.

Yikes! Stay safe out there, fellas

Guess that'll teach me to post late.  Between Frosty N the Vid...it's all covered.  Nice day, no awards for the group.  At least out tigers made the vid, LOL.

Great pictures and video Frosty!...and a lot of really nice Pontiacs! :dancingpontiac:

Got no ideas about your overheating, but I thank God you didn't get burned buddy! 

Thanks stratman.

I had the good sense to pack another T-shirt that day for the potluck dinner we have at the club meeting. I figured I would get sweaty at the show. So I had a change of shirts already planned. I am very thankful I didn't get burned. 

Posted (edited)
On 7/15/2019 at 5:14 PM, JUSTA6 said:

Guess that'll teach me to post late.  Between Frosty N the Vid...it's all covered.  Nice day, no awards for the group.  At least out tigers made the vid, LOL.

Yup, along with my license plate, Tiger tail, and my real Ace Wilson Royal Pontiac license plate frame.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1

Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.