Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1996 Eagle Talon TSI AWD

danmccormick87

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

crankwalk is very popular with DSM's but their is not EXACT cause for it. the crank bearing basically crack with wear and tear so that is typically why crankwalk is so popular on the 7bolt 4g63 platform.

honestly Dan, GREAT EFFIN CHOICE!!! YOU HAVE JOINED ME IN THE DSM DARK SIDE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :badGT:

hey Dan, go get yourself the 1zz-fe (vibe/matrix) o2 sensor. splice the sucker up and now you have a wideband o2 sensor instead of single.

Also, on the 96 model Eclipse/Talons, they didn't come with an E-Prom'd ecm which is typically used when you want to go with a DSM Link. Since you are going 6bolt, the ECM will be needed to adjust with the cam angle sensor that the 7bolts do not have. everything else should be cake.

Are you going to leave the 7bolt tranny and T case? if you are, it bolts right on to the 6bolt BUT, you will notice a sufficient gab where the flywheel will peak out. just get yourself a plate to cover the gap. Now for the fun part, THE TRANNY IS A BIATCH TO PUT ONTO THE 6BOLT SO GET ASSISTANCE TO HELP YOU MOVE THE SUCKER AROUND. just FYI. I did this with my buddie's 2g and his was a PAIN IN THE NECK.

Yeah, I think my 7-bolt has crankwalk, and too the Darkside :D Also, I'm doing standalone fuel management and MSD ignition, so the ECM is getting tossed. As far as tranny, I'm getting a Shepherd slushbox :)

I always wanted a 98-99 gsx

Nice snag.

And. I love the idea of the blacked out IC and sleeper stats. Dont go and put stickers on that car keep it sleeper

It will have stickers on it, but I'm doing black decals angled on the back glass on the passenger side, and doing a huge eagle talon logo on the CF hood in black, so it all appears normal until you get up close ;)

Do the Eclipse front end conversion and you are set.

the 97-99 front factory headlights didn't come in ALL black. They were like a very shiny mirrory black. I personally would go with some aftermarket black housing projectors and stick some 6000k HID's. Leave the back as is. Go see if you can find the 97-99 GST 2 piece side skirts. those would make a great addition.

ah damn it. now im looking into purchasing another eclipse and do a 97-99 front rear and side conversion. http://mcallen.en.craigslist.org/cto/1954345425.html. the smiley face car is going for WAY too much though.

and i am sooooo tempted to get a damn evo. we will see which will come first.

IM JEALOUS OF YOU NOW DAN!!!!!!

and yes. they are little. check me out next to my old 2g. lol

l_8d326a65b839e214f3fc12a1dc2c051b.jpg

l_429c05da5fd22dbd3994323853cb6b16.jpg

Already has headlights, going to fix the passenger side one, open it up, gut the high beam, put pvc pipe for an intake to my air filter, and keeping the 97 talon skirts and rear bumper, but do have a GSX front bumper now. Very nice 2G :lol2:

That single bump in the hood on the driver side, always makes my OCD shiver... It looks horrible, I think that alone is why I hate Eclipses :D

Nah, I like it, but I'm getting the G Speed CF hood, so I won't have it anymore anyways...

ooops....

Bwhahaha hah hahh hhhhaaaa ha a a aaaaaaaaaaaa. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

back open ;)

Thanks for the love Jedi :P Someone had a blond moment :lol2::cheers:

Well going to be on and off, figure I won't be able to sleep tonight because of the damn wind, so I'm going to take pics for Ghost of my front bumper so he can chop in my offroad lights, and going to take out my passenger headlight and cut it out to make it a flow through intake :P

Updates: I just removed the black rims, I traded them for 2 Bride Low Max racing seats, and replaced them with my factory Acura TL rims. They look pretty sick on the car, so I'm going to keep them on and have them wrapped in carbon fiber :P Also mounting my spoiler off the G6 onto the Talon, and deciding locations for the 2 CB antenna's and police scanner antenna. The picture of the blue Talon isn't mine, but it's what I'm doing to my bumper, decided to go with a wide mouth Talon bumper instead of a GSX, as they are really rare. Only difference is I will have Hella 500FF lights mounted to each side where the small vents are, so I can have HIDs to replace the high beams. The story on the high beams is this, the passenger side is getting cut out so I can run a vent to the turbo intake filter, and the driver side is running a pipe into the radiator, as both are blocked by my huge intercooler.

Big Mouth Talon Bumper

Car006.jpg

Drag Racing Bucket Seat (Used at the drag strip only)

Image0025.jpg

Bride Low Max seats (Have to remove them from the Honda still :P)

downsize.jpg

Partially gutted interior

IMG_0106.jpg

Car with TL rims and drag spoiler

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

dude wats with u n wings lol

They create downforce to increase handling

Boo sorry don't like any of the changes Dan, maybe once the rims are black (or CF wrapped) they might look better.

:bacon: I think they look better than those other rims, plus they lifted the car up an inch, which is nice because now I'm not dragging

IMG_0102.jpg

wat.jpg

and you said 400 hp??

TSi Turbo AWD

Standard Engine 2.0L 210 hp I4

Horsepower 210 @ 6000 RPM

Torque (lb-ft) 214 @ 3000 RPM

upgraded turbo and IC make 200 hp?

Once the shop has the new engine finished, they are predicting mid 9s close to 150, and I'm thinking about autocrossing this car eventually. Besides, it will fit with my carbon fiber fenders, hood, doors, and hatch. And currently the engine has upgraded turbo, internals, 700cc injectors, FMIC intercooler, upgrade BOV, wastegate dump, and some other things I can't think of right now.