Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1996 Eagle Talon TSI AWD

danmccormick87

OK guys and girls, as much as it saddens me to say, I know longer have the G6... She was a great car, but I found an opportunity I couldn't pass up and jumped on it. I will still visit the forums, as you guys are family.

Guess you are wondering what opportunity I took... well I traded the G6 for a modified 1996 Eagle Talon TSI AWD with upgraded turbo, intercooler, suspension, etc etc. Basically this beast pushes almost 400 hp at 25 psi boost.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well now, diving into the world of DSMs, eh?

These little buggers are fast, especially the 2nd gen you found.

Just beware of crank walk.

Pics of the little bastard? And for the love of god, no wing!

She needs some TLC, but is totally worth it!

SAM_0810.jpg

SAM_0809.jpg

SAM_0811.jpg

SAM_0807.jpg

Photo0221.jpg

Photo0220.jpg

Photo0223.jpg

hfgdfbg.jpg

untitledbmp.png

Show you how damn small this car is...

SAM_0801.jpg

And a final shot of both of my babies, my daily driver and my track beast, one big happy family ;)

SAM_0816.jpg

OoOoOoOoOoOo

Needs a bit of TLC, but not much.

Those headlights need to go, lots of condensation build up. No bueno. I'd nab a set of the OEM black housing headlights that came on the 98-99 Eclipse models.

The front bumper, I don't see why the guy cut it up...it's the stock IC. ;)

But yeah, new front Talon TSi bumper, and OEM 98-99 Eclipse black housing headlights, and you're set.

• Founders

I usually all out hate Eclipses and DSMs but this one looks pretty good. With a new front bumper and some other touch ups this one has some great potential.

and damn that car is small ;)

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) what is this world coming to??? :rofl: aaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!111!!one!!!|||!!uno!!!!11!!!!!!

:D:rofl:

anyways, did you even take pics of the G6 during progression? i kinda want to know how far you got on it. and did you sell all the parts with it?

' date='Sep 26 2010, 08:23 AM' post='37238']

The front bumper, I don't see why the guy cut it up...it's the stock IC. :agreed:

No it's not, ALL DSM's came with a tiny pizza box shaped side mount IC behind the fog light, you couldn't even see it from the front.

If you put an unmolested f.bumber on, you could possibly raise you IAT's, looks to be an Ebay IC(could be wrong).

Is it a 6 or 7bolt motor?

Looks good! :PICS:

Quick replys to all: Truck is gone, traded it for a 2010 Ford Edge, tired of paying $110 a week in gas... I still have to put the new front bumper on, it's a OEM 1998 Eclipse GSX bumper... Still have the AIT side skirts, gotta get rid of them, been trying to locally sell them for $150, no luck so far :agreed: ... The IC is a XS Power... Going to get the headlights resealed and buffed, they have amazing light output... G6 only got fitted for the bodykit, nothing new to it, besides the custom gauges that I molded for it, nothing new for you guys

I moved the posts from your old Progression thread and created a new thread in Other Autos. :):)

Thanks for the move, really helpful :PICS: Picked up my 6 bolt engine the other day, and now I'm working on the tear down... Oh, and I'm going for a smooth sleeperish look, will have the spoiler that used to be on the G6 on the Talon, but will be really close the the trunk this time, will have painted CF hood and fenders, and will keep the blacked out intercooler, so peeps have no idea what hit them, thinking it's just another 'ricer' :welcomeFP:

' date='Sep 25 2010, 07:35 PM' post='37220']

Well now, diving into the world of DSMs, eh?

These little buggers are fast, especially the 2nd gen you found.

Just beware of crank walk.

Pics of the little bastard? And for the love of god, no wing!

crankwalk is very popular with DSM's but their is not EXACT cause for it. the crank bearing basically crack with wear and tear so that is typically why crankwalk is so popular on the 7bolt 4g63 platform.

honestly Dan, GREAT EFFIN CHOICE!!! YOU HAVE JOINED ME IN THE DSM DARK SIDE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Thanks for the move, really helpful :) Picked up my 6 bolt engine the other day, and now I'm working on the tear down... Oh, and I'm going for a smooth sleeperish look, will have the spoiler that used to be on the G6 on the Talon, but will be really close the the trunk this time, will have painted CF hood and fenders, and will keep the blacked out intercooler, so peeps have no idea what hit them, thinking it's just another 'ricer' :o

hey Dan, go get yourself the 1zz-fe (vibe/matrix) o2 sensor. splice the sucker up and now you have a wideband o2 sensor instead of single.

Also, on the 96 model Eclipse/Talons, they didn't come with an E-Prom'd ecm which is typically used when you want to go with a DSM Link. Since you are going 6bolt, the ECM will be needed to adjust with the cam angle sensor that the 7bolts do not have. everything else should be cake.

Are you going to leave the 7bolt tranny and T case? if you are, it bolts right on to the 6bolt BUT, you will notice a sufficient gab where the flywheel will peak out. just get yourself a plate to cover the gap. Now for the fun part, THE TRANNY IS A BIATCH TO PUT ONTO THE 6BOLT SO GET ASSISTANCE TO HELP YOU MOVE THE SUCKER AROUND. just FYI. I did this with my buddie's 2g and his was a PAIN IN THE NECK.

Do the Eclipse front end conversion and you are set.

the 97-99 front factory headlights didn't come in ALL black. They were like a very shiny mirrory black. I personally would go with some aftermarket black housing projectors and stick some 6000k HID's. Leave the back as is. Go see if you can find the 97-99 GST 2 piece side skirts. those would make a great addition.

ah damn it. now im looking into purchasing another eclipse and do a 97-99 front rear and side conversion. http://mcallen.en.craigslist.org/cto/1954345425.html. the smiley face car is going for WAY too much though.

and i am sooooo tempted to get a damn evo. we will see which will come first.

IM JEALOUS OF YOU NOW DAN!!!!!!

and yes. they are little. check me out next to my old 2g. lol

l_8d326a65b839e214f3fc12a1dc2c051b.jpg

l_429c05da5fd22dbd3994323853cb6b16.jpg

ooops....

Bwhahaha hah hahh hhhhaaaa ha a a aaaaaaaaaaaa. :D:):cheers:

back open :rofl: