Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

brandyv73's 1968 Firebird

2019 June
of the Month

• Welcome!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, full of great ideas for Pontiac performance, maintenance, or for peer-to-peer assistance from Professional and DIY mechanics. Also, compete in our Pontiac monthly competitions. Please register if you'd like to take part.

DaxtheMan

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

Question, I own a 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Gold Edition. It's number 144 out of 200 made. It needs some work but if fixed up how much would it possibly sell for? Roughly

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Created your own topic for your question ;) 

How many miles does it have? Any accidents? Engine rebuilt?

The short answer will always be: whatever someone is willing to pay. The car could be "worth" $35k but if the market is only willing to pay $5k, you're kind of out of luck :) .

The long answer will have to take into consideration things like my above questions, how it was restored, how original it is, etc... 

Posted (edited)

He says that his car is # 144-200 made in 1999! But with 8 recalls and 6 investigations on the 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix. If he didn’t have any of the recalls fixed than $10,000. I’m good with cars but not when it comes to estimating the prices of cars!!!

Edited by Owen Rooz

What Ringo said! Whatever the market will bear, but that said it won’t bring much, sorry!

I like the “97”-“03” GPs a lot, they even had a lot more potential than most folks realize if modified correctly. Still as a rule they are not sought after as a collector car, at least not yet. As a rule the aftermarket versions by SLP or MPD bring the most money, some as much as $20,000. 

IMO, with the exception of the obvious high end collector cars, if you by a car for investment purposes you probably can do better elsewhere! I have always bought cars because the please me in design & function! At the end whatever I get out of the car when I sell it is a plus, but that’s just me!

• Like 1