Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

2000 Grand Am GT 5 cylinder

here is a car i just recently got. the car had a bad LIM leak after replacing it found out it was not just the LIM it was also a head gasket no compretion on cyl 6 and a nasty rod knock

GA1.jpg

GA2.jpg

GA3.jpg

GA4.jpg

GA5.jpg

GA6.jpg

GA7.jpg

GA8.jpg

not bad for $500 eh? and a clear title lol only rust is on the trucnk lid, hood, and passenger rear wheel well. the front is a bit messed up the hood is over to the passenger side by an inch and the front bumper cover is torn and helt to gether with staples does not look that bad in pics though.

has the 8 speaker casset monsoon system with the factory sub and amp and a sun roof

going to put in a junk yard engine and beater the car and keep miles off my 92 LeBaron convertible

woo been a wile sense i last posted hear i no longer have the 01 it cought fire and i sold it currently has a full L67 swap

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

Wow in the pics it looks really good! That's really not bad for $500 you could probably part it after your done using it as beater and get some money back.

The front bumper is held on with staples? :agreed:

Whats the LeBaron look like? aka pics of that car too please! :PICS:

Ahhh, so this is what your GA looks like. I kept seeing you talk about the 5 cylinder mod on it, over on 60degreeV6. :agreed:

You gonna leave the outside as is? IMO, I'd nab some new headlights, debadge and clean up the outside to have a clean beater at least.

Also, welcome to the black GA crew, brah!

i want to change out the head lights at least. the pass side one is busted and sunk in

besides the front hood and trunk lid it's rust free. so if i can find a cheap trunk and bumper i may go a bit farther with it in the looks department

the bumper is also torn i will try to get better pics of the cosmetic issues tomarrow

glad i made ya luagh lol

here are some new pics

GA9.jpg

here is the bumper damage

GA10.jpg

here is more bumper damage look by the hood latch. also i am missing some push pins may be why the bumper is sagging as much as it is

GA11.jpg

here you can see the head light pushed in. the paint is not that bad as you can see my van in the reflection pretty trippy man :lol2:

GA12.jpg

compairison pic factory fender lays flat

GA13.jpg

aftermarket fender is bowed. seems i have to get out my persition calibrated 2x4 and hammer to have it fit correctly

if i do i will make a part out thread. but it drive straight just need to see what's going on under the sheet metal

here is a vid i made for the previuse owner befire i bought it

could some one move this to the progression section plz?

i would of put this there first if i would of realised it was there lol

here are some more pics of the remote mounted cassette which i hear is actualy uncommom to see

GAcassette.jpg

GAcassette2.jpg

yes it is

registered the car used the plate from my old GP

brokedown.jpg

seemed fitting

yup my 2001 GP was always having issues so it was sort of a running gag in my local club so i finaly got the plate for it.... then it cought on fire

here is some vids of the old girl

a guy from the local club bought the body though and put in a full L67 swap from his rotted out 97 GP

he is currently building an engine from the parts i had should be making 300+ wheel power when done

i take back the rock salt wieght reduction... the car is solid besides the trunk and hood... vary odd it only rusted in those areas

well got some money ($3300 worth)

so picked up a used 3400 with 62,143 miles on it for $400 and power steering pump for $89

and i bought a mod front and rear STB for $73 on ebay (got the one for the 03-05 figured better resale as they fit 99-02 as well)

Car $500

Engine $400

PS pump $89

STB front/ rear $73

------------------------

total $1062

3400 in back of van

34001.jpg

34002.jpg

34003.jpg

car should be up and going in a week or so depends on how long the college takes

it still is after the guy that got it put in the engine wiring harness and a L67 he had sitting around

he is rebuilding the supercharged L36 should be bad ass when done. made 261 to the wheels before should be 300 when it's done