Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Roadwarrior: 2008 Pontiac G6 GT

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice and tint ur own tail lights its like 5 bucks for a can of night shade

I was too scared to ruin mine so I had someone do it for me... B) buton the brite side in the end it didn't cost me a thing!!! :D

do it.

and where is it for $5?

I'm not sure if i'm going to tint my taillights the look to me is played out but i might

I'm not sure if i'm going to tint my taillights the look to me is played out but i might

you dont have to completely black them out. a nice cherry color or black cherry.

I only did two coats on mine and they turned out like a red wine color. You can still see thru them in the daylight and at night or in the shade there black and still light up great.

pics of my tails after I got them done from my cardomain page.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2395178/6

I only did two coats on mine and they turned out like a red wine color. You can still see thru them in the daylight and at night or in the shade there black and still light up great.

pics of my tails after I got them done from my cardomain page.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2395178/6

That i like did you use nightshade and did you have to do any prep work before spraying?

I payed someone to do it :D they used NS and cleaned them realy well with something that wouldent leave any residue behind. I dont think you would want to do any sanding with it being only two coats since the paint would be pretty thin. I have gotten two inspection stickers since having them done and no issues. Also I have had cops behind me and never pulled over for them. I think with that shade I had done people think its stock for two reasons: Alot of Pontiacs use to come with tinted tails from the factory (back in the day) and you can still see inside them. To keep them shinny I wax them from time to time since its paint.

I payed someone to do it :agreed: they used NS and cleaned them realy well with something that wouldent leave any residue behind. I dont think you would want to do any sanding with it being only two coats since the paint would be pretty thin. I have gotten two inspection stickers since having them done and no issues. Also I have had cops behind me and never pulled over for them. I think with that shade I had done people think its stock for two reasons: Alot of Pontiacs use to come with tinted tails from the factory (back in the day) and you can still see inside them. To keep them shinny I wax them from time to time since its paint.

Thanks it doesn't seem that hard after i get my tints done i'm going to give it a try.

also does anyone have any opinions on wipers for the G6 mine fell apart today and now i need new wipers lol

Cant tell you what ones to get but I can tell you not to get the michelin ones.

At highway speeds they lift up & streak (they sit up higher) and one of the end caps broke off after only 5 months. :agreed:

Cant tell you what ones to get but I can tell you not to get the michelin ones.

At highway speeds they lift up & streak (they sit up higher) and one of the end caps broke off after only 5 months. :D

:cheers: I have these and they BLOW! I need to get some good new ones. My Ranger has some made by Motorcraft and they are amazing. Idk if they make them for the 6 though.

I just went with the stealership, as they know best for the wipers... I looked for replacements, and found it was a major hassle, as the G6 has unique wipers, so I went with factory replacements

:agreed: I have these and they BLOW! I need to get some good new ones. My Ranger has some made by Motorcraft and they are amazing. Idk if they make them for the 6 though.

I just went with the stealership, as they know best for the wipers... I looked for replacements, and found it was a major hassle, as the G6 has unique wipers, so I went with factory replacements

Thanks guys i now know not to get the michellin one's Dan how much did the stealership ones cost?

Well i have been having problems with my driver side rear tire leaking so i though i would go see if it could get patched so it would stop leaking it turns out the owner before me had the tire patched and it was leaking and there was two new holes exactly next to the patch the shop manager told me he had no idea how i did that but it was some serious bad luck lol anyways i'm i now have two Hankook tires in the front a brand new neo gen on the drive rear and a Goodyear on the passenger rear