Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

58Bonne's 1958 Bonneville

2019 June
of the Month

• Welcome to Forever Pontiac

We are a community of Pontiac enthusiasts. The purpose of our community is to keep alive the Pontiac spirit by sharing (or showing off) our cars, discussing Pontiac, helping each other work on our cars and find information, plus attend various meets/shows/etc... To aid discussion, sharing, event planning and selling of parts/cars/anything, we have various parts of the website to aid this from Forums to an online Garage to Classifieds to even a Document Download Repository. You can find links to these in our navigation above based on what each section helps with (discussion, local events, learning, etc...).

We invite you to contribute, find help or just view some of our member's amazing cars! Don't forget, we also have great contests from time to time (like our Pontiac of the Month and yearly calendar contest) and our Pontiac This OR That, a fun game where you choose the best of two randomly selected Pontiacs from our online garage.

We look forward to seeing you around!

tiger gto

famous tiger GTO paint job

i noticed in 1 of your forums someone was looking for a 1965 GTO with a tiger paint job and tiger tail. the show pictures the car briefly but you can possibly freeze the picture to get a better look at the car. do not blink while watching the show you will miss it . heres is the show the tiger gto is on. where the car is now who knows...

"My Three Sons" From Maggie with Love (TV Episode 1966) - IMDb

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0655028/

Rating: 7/10 - ‎12 votes

Maggie Bellini, a wealthy businesswoman, promises to match the money that Bryant Park raises to ... My Three Sons (1960–1972) ... Season 6 | Episode 17.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Not sure I would refer to it as Famous, but a somewhat well known car for sure! It was thought to be some sort of Pontiac Promotional build/scheme but very little is known about it and/or it's whereabouts. Like most Pontiac "Special Build" Promotional cars it likely was returned to PMD and fell through the cracks if not stripped/scrapped and/or re-purposed.

39026096695_397ba16a30_b.jpg 

Items of note are the "Tempest" Flat hood and the Light Up eyes within the Tiger Face hood mural. Also seen in 1st images is the noted Tiger Tail.

25052976577_9bab1d9400_b.jpg   

As seen on TV, beyond that unaware of any further details.  

Cheers

Posted (edited)

can you tell me the words on the front license plate . it may be a clue as to what happened to the car.  thanks for the help with the info. on another note i have a 1973 trans am red with white interior. it came with an orange carpet option code 97f. the ta was built 4th of july week in 1973 and was delivered to constantine pontiac in ohio. the car was originally purchased / titled in august of 73 by an unknown purchaser. is there any way that anyone would know of to find the original buyer of this ta. one of the reasons i ask is because the interior was changed to a no console black carpet with white STANDARD  instead of custom seats. now my thinking on this option is it was really something else and they couldn't part with it or it was really something else it will never sell with orange carpet. naturally i assume the orange carpet matched the orange in the bird on the hood. also im considering restoring the car and im trying to figure out how close to the perlie ta white with blue carpet my car would resemble this design. google (Perlie Article - Firebird Gallery)

if it copies the PERLIE TA i think it would be 1 heck of a design... especially if it had orange piping on the white seats similair to the PERLIE white seats with blue piping. does anyone have any thoughts on this car or ideas. your help and info would be greatly appreciated. thank you for your time...

Edited by tiger gto

That was a standard issue 1965 Michigan Licence Plate. IIRC the "GM" had no tie to General Motors. 

MICH 65.jpg