Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Does anyone know what or where I could find the factory front end alignment specs for a 1997 Firebird Formula 1LE ...Are they the same as the standard WS6 or are they different..?? Any help or recommendations would be greatly apreciated.....

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

1 hour ago, TWO LANE BLACK TOP said:

Does anyone know what or where I could find the factory front end alignment specs for a 1997 Firebird Formula 1LE ...Are they the same as the standard WS6 or are they different..?? Any help or recommendations would be greatly apreciated.....

I can check tomorrow, but are you looking for factory specs or something else in handling.

Do you have a digital copy of 1997 owners manual! I know it’s no in there just curious as I can attach one if you wanted it.

The factory specs are what I'm  looking for...The car handles great and has no problem going where it is pointed..Under certain rare conditions mostly speed related it has a slight understeer but that is easily overcome by adding a little bit of throttle to bring the rear around...I can also change the handling characteristics by playing with the Yellow Koni adjustable shocks... 

I have the original owners manual and all the related paperwork that came with the car new....But if would like to attach the digital version that would very cool and I would appreciate it....

4 hours ago, TWO LANE BLACK TOP said:

The factory specs are what I'm  looking for...The car handles great and has no problem going where it is pointed..Under certain rare conditions mostly speed related it has a slight understeer but that is easily overcome by adding a little bit of throttle to bring the rear around...I can also change the handling characteristics by playing with the Yellow Koni adjustable shocks... 

I have the original owners manual and all the related paperwork that came with the car new....But if would like to attach the digital version that would very cool and I would appreciate it....

Well I thought I would be able to get into All Data at work today, but there’s a problem with the server. So as soon as I can I’ll get the specs and relay them to you.

When you are done downloading this I will delete it.

1997_pontiac_firebird_owners.pdf

Edited by Last Indian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Last Indian said:

Well I thought I would be able to get into All Data at work today, but there’s a problem with the server. So as soon as I can I’ll get the specs and relay them to you.

When you are done downloading this I will delete it.

1997_pontiac_firebird_owners.pdf 19.1 MB · 1 download

No problem .....Thank you for the owners manual...

Edited by TWO LANE BLACK TOP

On 4/12/2019 at 5:44 PM, TWO LANE BLACK TOP said:

Two Lane, I’m not sure you’re aware, but I’m retired. So I still go into work here and there. That said, I called my buddy there since when I was in last week the server was down as I had said. I asked him to lookup the specs, if the server was back up. He did, and says there’s no difference in any of the models from “95” up in that gen. He did print it out as well! I’m due to go in Wednesday so I’ll pick up the specs then, copy them and attach them here then.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2019 at 5:44 PM, TWO LANE BLACK TOP said:

Two lane, finally got the specs! See attachments.

if you need me to scan them and put them into a pdf let me know!

0BDE3942-C89F-40B0-806D-A4DEAD3C0455.jpeg

8F80CE36-C0A0-423B-B584-DA4256F0499B.jpeg

B621764B-80C2-407C-9297-6E907BA22498.jpeg

19242089-3CB4-49F1-AE12-B4C7B08FF64F.jpeg

Edited by Last Indian
  • Thanks 1

Last Indian,

Thank you very much for the info....Will try to put it on the rack sometime next week to check to be sure it is still in spec....(hit a really nasty pothole awhile back was too late spotting it and couldn't avoid it)..The main thing I was wondering was if the 1LE had different specs...But apparently it doesn't ...  So I'm good to go.....

1 hour ago, TWO LANE BLACK TOP said:

Last Indian,

Thank you very much for the info....Will try to put it on the rack sometime next week to check to be sure it is still in spec....(hit a really nasty pothole awhile back was too late spotting it and couldn't avoid it)..The main thing I was wondering was if the 1LE had different specs...But apparently it doesn't ...  So I'm good to go.....

Copy that!