Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Hi everyone, I was wondering what a decent set of 14 x 6 Pontiac "Rally" wheels would be worth to sell.  They are the JC code. Ebay has a set for $500 is that a realistic price to ask? If not what would be a fair price for both me & the buyer?

Thanks for any help

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Just to clarify, I assume you are talking about Rally II wheels and not Rally I wheels.

Selling price has a lot to do with the overall condition of the wheels. Bent, rusted, or heavily paint chipped/scratched wheels are worth significantly less than a nearly unmolested set of wheels. A completely restored set are worth top dollar (unless you have a totally unused new old stock Rally IIs), especially if they are date code and/or letter code correct for a particular valuable model, like a GTO Judge or an early model Trans Am. 

So $500 would be the max I'd pay for a really good set of 14 x 6s if I was looking to correctly restore a car. $100 a wheel is more realistic for a top condition wheel. 14 inch wheels are less popular that 15 inch wheels. This is not to say that a set of 15 inch Rally II are worth significantly more either, they are just more in demand.

The 15 inch rims tend to be much more popular to the current resto-mod crowd than the 14 inch wheels. One of the biggest reasons is because you can fit aftermarket front and rear disc brake kits under a 15 inch wheel and you can't with a 14 inch wheel. Also, people want want wider wheels so they can run wider tires under the fenders, so again 15x7 or 15x8 tend to be more popular over a 15x6 or 14x6.

3 hours ago, indymanjoe said:

I couldn't give away my old 14's. They ended up at the scrap yard. Take what ya can get. The trim rings I did sell for $50.

indymanjoe hit it. Was gonna ask if you have the trim rings and center caps to with the rims.  Frosty nailed the rest of the info.

Thank you all for the help. I had someone ask for the 14 x 6 JC code wheels. As far as I can tell they are in good shape, would just have to be sanded & repainted. Just some very minor surface rust. I do know that 14" are hard to sell. I was just looking for a ballpark number. No trim rings or center caps to go with them, just the bare wheels. I will try to get $350 for the set. Thanks Again.

No, but I am trying to find out what other "Pontiac Rally" code will work on his drum brake setup. I do have misc. codes so maybe another code will work..........any ideas?

• 3 months later...

It's been a while,  but I have another question. Will the 14" x 7" Rally II wheels fit on a '69 Firebird with factory front disc brakes? If not what will fit. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

If we are talking about a true, original OEM factory front disc brake set-up, then yes, a 14x6 or 14x7 will fit.

The same is true for the A-body cars. 

Ok that's what I needed to know. It is factory front disc brakes, at least that is what the owner is telling me. He was interested in buying a set of 14 x 7 wheels from me, but we were both unsure if they would fit. Thank You. He was supposed to show up Sat. to buy them, but he was a no show. If he doesn't show then I will know for the next person. Thanks Again. I can always count on this board to come through.

• 11 months later...

Ok, folks. Got another wheel question. I have a few sets of the "Honeycomb" wheels. I would like to make them look a little more presentable to try to sell them. I think all they need is a little sanding around the metal part around the lip, some pressure washing & a fresh coat of paint. My question is what is the factory color of the wheel (polycast part of the wheel). It looks like it is silver argent, (Same as the Chevy "Rally" wheels, but I just want to make sure. Also what would they be worth in a "driver quality" wheel? 14" x 7" E-bay has one for $35 and another for $180. Almost the same condition. (Not nice condition either).

Thanks ahead of time.

OER Honeycomb Wheel Paint Simulated Magnesium  or Daytona Gold

You can get it thru Amazon, Classic Industries, Firebird Central, and JEGS that I know of. It should be under $20 a can.

They are worth what someone is willing to pay for them. The better job you do, the more you should ask. YearOne is making billet plus size versions and selling them, if that tells you anything. $50-100 per restored wheel is not horribly expensive, but that’s also my opinion too.

Ok, I will look on Amazon for the paint. 

Yes you are right, about what someone is willing to give. I will sand them down & check out the paint. I am going to the Eastwood store in Pottstown, PA tonight, maybe they would have it. I was thinking around $200 a set, so that works for me.

Thank you again.

That sounds like a fair price to me.

Be sure to post pictures of your restoration progress. Not many guys have honeycomb wheels. I know there are some tricks to restoring them.

Consider selling them AS IS.  I know I've seen color matched to the car before and I'm pretty sure it's factory.  Light blue firebirds come to mind for 1.  Espirits???  Price + work to repaint again might scare off  buyers.  JUSTA sayin..... 

I think I'll hold off on painting them. Eastwood was out of "Magnesium" color paint when I went last night, & I think the cheapest I saw was like $22 for a can online. By the time I would buy the paint & my time prepping & painting I don't know if it would be worth it. I think I will just do like JUSTA6 said & sell them as is. Upon closer inspection it would take too much work.

honeycomb wheels 047.jpg

honeycomb wheels 048.jpg

honeycomb wheels 049.jpg

honeycomb wheels 050.jpg