Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

President Trump demands GM CEO "do something quickly" about former Chevy Cruze plant

FeedBot

Donald TrumpPresident Donald Trump took to Twitter on Sunday to put pressure on General Motors CEO Mary Barra, demanding she "do something quickly" about the assembly plants GM intends to close in the near future. After General Motors announced last November that it would "unallocate" and idle four U.S. manufacturing plants, it put the company squarely in...

View the full article

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

"I don't care, I just want it open!" the President demanded.

I don't say much in way of political items here or anywhere online but a President should never utter these words to anyone. A business has the freedom to do whatever it needs to stay competitive or in business. Whether I utterly hate the decision or not, it's the business' decision.

That's great for the President or any other politician to say. However, they have yet to figure out public demand. People are not buying large or small cars these days, prefering SUVs and luxury trucks.

So unless GM places a high selling vehicle into Lordstown and Hamtramck (not very likely), anything else they might put there is doomed to similar fate.

I agree with Ringo, it's a business decision. A sad and unfortunate one for all those affected to be sure.

• Like 1