Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What the hell is wrong with some people?

notallthere

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey I love working retail. Today on my way out for lunch some lady takes a cart and fires it across a lane towards the cart coral. This thing takes a bump and hits a brand new Toyota Matrix. Five or six scratches down the passenger door. She freakin laughs and starts to get into her car. So I have had a bad day and yell "hey what the hell are you doing" she just gets into her car and starts to leave. So back into work get a note leave it on the guys car with my number the liscence number I put into my work issued Blackberry. Now I get to wait for the call from the police.

These are the cars I typically will not park next to:

SUV's

Mini Vans

4 Door pickups

Anything with a child seat

Most of these people do not pay attention to their surroundings and these are the ones that I see doing the most damage.

hey! I have 2 car seats but i pay really good attention to my surroundings. lol.

I do stay away from beat up old 2 door pickups as well. or work trucks. i hate workers in work trucks cuz most of them dont care and park or do whatever the hell they want since its "A Work Truck".

These are the cars I typically will not park next to:

SUV's

Mini Vans

4 Door pickups

Anything with a child seat

Most of these people do not pay attention to their surroundings and these are the ones that I see doing the most damage.

Agreed like 2,000,000%. I know that's a big percent.

I've taken up the habit of parking as far away from the general population of cars as I can. 1) it's healthier for me to walk the extra distance. 2) though I'm a little more worried about people breaking in to my car, the dark tint should assuage some of that and I don't park in the dark.

I've also taken the habit of inspecting my car every time I get ready to get into it. Take a quick walk around it in front of my house before I leave to go anywhere then a quick walk around it after I'm leaving my destination to return home. I used to park on the street in front of my old house on Long Island and one day I found someone had managed to bend my driver's side mirror up so that one of the bolt's broke and scratch the paint off. I was sooo angry it was RIGHT after I got ripped off in having them painted. -_- Now it vibrates every time I stop at a light.

I leave my GA right out in front of my job. It's not exactly a huge lot, but accidents are known to happen out of view. One of the guys I work with, his Explorer got hit, hit real good. The left rear quarter panel was caved in, tail light smashed, and was moved about 2 feet sideways. AND NOBODY HEARD IT! He parked by the bank next door, out of sight from us. Now I really hate parking my park elsewhere. Any noise can be heard inside the store from the lot right out front.

that's right dan, and the rest of them don't have anything to lose either, so they just don't care.

that's right dan, and the rest of them don't have anything to lose either, so they just don't care.

exactly yeah so what they hit you it didnt hurt there car so why should they car..it makes me sooo angryy!!

-_-

KICK HIS ASS SEA BASS! thats how i feel when retards dont care.

me to i hate idiotic drivers too..ya know the people who pull out infront of you when your 2 ft away and then do like 25! ughhh that pisses me off! or when you are coming up on a truck behind another truck and that truck driver thinks he is better then you so he cuts you of and you have slam on your brakes to keep from hitting them..it was a complete sheet of ice with some snow on the highway a few weeks back an i was driving i was doing like 50 and the speed limit is like 65 and this truck comes hualling ass and tries to pass me and slides and i got ran off the road i was like honestly what kind of law states that we have to watch out for them..they just dont care!!

' date='Jan 29 2010, 05:20 PM' post='6933']

Well, if they really don't care, I guess they wouldn't mind you leaving a big dent in their fender, huh?

i guess not haha

me to i hate idiotic drivers too..ya know the people who pull out infront of you when your 2 ft away and then do like 25! ughhh that pisses me off! or when you are coming up on a truck behind another truck and that truck driver thinks he is better then you so he cuts you of and you have slam on your brakes to keep from hitting them..it was a complete sheet of ice with some snow on the highway a few weeks back an i was driving i was doing like 50 and the speed limit is like 65 and this truck comes hualling ass and tries to pass me and slides and i got ran off the road i was like honestly what kind of law states that we have to watch out for them..they just dont care!!

i guess not haha

karma is a bitch though. ill say it again. karma is a bitch! lol

Tell ya what else irks me, the wife has kept our truck at her dad's house, parked out on the street... no, no, no, it hasn't been hit, I'd feel bad for whoever did though, I'm sure it would mess their vehicle up :dancingpontiac: Well, her dad's neighbors work out of town, and apparently he was the carpool for the next two weeks, so his fellow employees parked their trucks in front of and behind mine, giving my wife NO ROOM at all to even move the truck. Pisses me off when people do that, so I told her, if they wanted to be like that, go in the house, get a blanket, fold it up and stick it on either the front bumper or rear bumper, pop the truck into 4x4 and push those b$%#s out of the way, and that's what she did ;)

• 2 months later...

Some jackass hit a cart at work which bounced off his truck and into the side of the Vibe. It left a scuff down the side of the right rear wheel well flare as well as a 2.5" gouge down it. Fortunately, one of my staff got the plate and I filed the police report. Got a quote for 291.51 fort the repair if they can save the flare. If they cannot it will be well over 600.00. I called the guy since the cop gave me his phone number and he gave me some story that he looked and did not think it was that bad. I really did not care but he is willing to pay for it. If he gives me a hard time I will file it through insurance.

• Founders

Least someone saw it and reported it! Thank god! as well you got a hold of the guy. Honestly if I ever hit someone I'd have to the decency to own up to it. Everybody makes mistakes it takes a true human to own up to them

he gave me some story that he looked and did not think it was that bad.

:cheers::lol2:

so he knew he did do something to your car and still left. I would F' him over and call his insurance just cuz of that. He said F that person so I say F him! :bacon:

• 2 weeks later...

Damage Log

Stardate:63786.8

I called said cheesedick with the quote of 251.99 and left a message. Nothing else as of yet. I will get the car fixed by a professional although I can do it for less than $70.00.