Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

brandyv73's 1968 Firebird

2019 June
of the Month

Bud Sisto

Bumper Jack Color

Question

Hey everyone, Nice to be back, Hoping someone has a definitive answer for this Question. I just bought a can of Duplicolor Blue engine paint from Ames that is supposed to be the correct blue for my !966 Pontiac Bonneville jack. Question is, is that the correct color for my year Pontiac and not black? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to go through all the taping involved for the wrong color. Thanks, Bud

6 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Bud Sisto said:

Hey everyone, Nice to be back, Hoping someone has a definitive answer for this Question. I just bought a can of Duplicolor Blue engine paint from Ames that is supposed to be the correct blue for my !966 Pontiac Bonneville jack. Question is, is that the correct color for my year Pontiac and not black? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to go through all the taping involved for the wrong color. Thanks, Bu

I don’t believe ‘Black’ is the color. My ‘65 GTO is the ‘Blue’ color.

The base and the mechanism are ‘Blue’ and the shaft is like an anodized ‘Silver’ color.

Click on this link for photos:

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0NGbxwX5GzyZSV

Best Regards,

Dave - GTO3DEUCES

0544922A-26E7-4936-8366-58D03B766981.jpeg

E36EFDF5-0532-4CB8-8116-FAE568D031BE.jpeg

A75F6537-2B11-44B1-97BC-CFD400250DC3.jpeg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

OK, I may sound like the dumb kid in class but are the Pontiac bumper jacks actually stamped Pontiac? I looked at all the pics and the link SPRINT put up but I didn't see it any where. Just wondering so I know how to spot one for my car when I'm at the swap meets.

Thanks 66gtotrips, the third pic with the sort of sky blue color matches the shape of my jack setup. Question is, My car is a full sized Pontiac. Does it make any difference? Seems that the intermediate and small cars have the square base, Bud

Posted (edited)

Bud, Sorry I read right past the "Bonneville" portion, The link I posted refers to A-Body.                                                                                                                           99% of the B-Body jacks I've ever came across/seen were BLACK and had rectangular bases.                                                                                                                       Many had additional large bumper hooks not just the slot hook, but I can't help on what years with that detail. 

Edited by SPRINT 6

Well now that I painted my jack and base blue, how much does it matter that it IS blue?