Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Start'em Young

Get them hooked young and they won't be able to afford drugs or alcohol.

Little nephew enjoying the day out.

Made me a bit nervous with the feet kicking next to the irreplaceable blinker lense TBH lol.

IMG951527.jpg

• Like 2

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

Nice! Certainly a great hobby to start them with! 

My niece is 3 months old and I've already walked her up and down both my cars. My sister and brother-in-law are both Mazda drivers so my goal is to get my niece over to American muscle. 

• Like 1

I hear that. Little Oli (pictured) has quite a mixture of influences with myself being a muscle fan through and through but daily an Infiniti G37 sedan 6 speed, then his father who is an import guy for the most part, but has a soft spot in his heart for classic American wagons. So I'm sure he will just be a fan of anything cool, whether it be foreign or domestic.

• Like 1

We (My dad,My brother and I)  Gave my 6 year old nephew a tool set and an old completely disassembled ..(Even had the freeze plugs and oil gallery plugs out of it.... distributor and carburetor were completely disassembled too... pistons separated from the rods..etc.. and all the  parts thrown into one box)... 348 Chevy engine and a 1958 GM shop manual for Christmas that year(1997).....Over a period of about 3 years..He managed to get it reassembled correctly and make it run with very minimal help from us..( loved it and still says it was the best gift he ever got) ..Went on to graduate top of his class at UTI and is now a very successful mechanic for Duke Energy.......

Edited by TWO LANE BLACK TOP
  • Like 2

That's a great idea Black Top, I really like that. I totally agree with getting them started early. We're the last of the dinosaur's so to speak. We're in a world were people tune their cars with a computer and not a screwdriver. Can you imagine what the world would be like if we didn't pass on our knowledge and passion to the future generation. A world where a 67' GTO or a 66' suicide door Lincoln only existed in a book, online or the memory of an old timer because nobody took the time to pass on our hobby and addiction. I personally cherish every minute that I spend with my son working on our car. But nothing can replace the feeling I get when the local guy's stop by and I see my 10 year old son talking to them and educating about our car and Pontiac in general. I was at a buddy's shop so my wife ordered a pizza for dinner and had it delivered 2 nights ago and the delivery guy asked about "the car in the drive way." This man and my son talked for about 20 min until my wife called told my son that the food was getting cold lol. This is my son helping me redo the bushings and suspension and one of him putting the carburetor on last year, he was 9.IMG_5561a.JPG.311376a385b601c78e2ce71945d52f2e.JPGIMG_5564a.JPG.d219cc6a9aa0d3c86ec1a8b9c4f51682.JPGIMG_5835a.JPG.3df6dd03fdb78835a87242b358fb0792.JPG

• Like 1

• Founders

That's great to hear Two Lane and Wrongway! It's honestly a lost art/interest, people are so disconnected from their cars these days. In my close nit group of friends, I am really the only one who is interested in this and it's not like we're super young either. 

Some of the best days are when I'm out in one of my cars and a kid comes over grinning ear to ear asking about it.

@Wrongway, we need to get your son a new shirt cough :D .

I was about your son's age, Wrongway, when my dad and grandfather would let me hang around their driveline shop. By age 11 I was working the clutch press and flywheel Turner. By 13 I was helping balance driveshafts and helping with installs/removals.  The shop shut down shortly after, unfortunately. But I bought my first classic when I was 17. A rusty 74 Nova. Had a little-more-than stock 350. Me and Dad built the TH350 trans and kept tinkering till it would run consistent 15.5's lol.  One of the greatest times I had was driving something that I had helped make possible. Link to the video on the run I held 2nd gear a bit too long and floated the valves.  Miss that car, even though it was kind of ratty.  PS: don't judge that line jump 😰

Edited by Slipjoint
  • Like 1

No judgement brother, just a big smile. I let my son read it and watch the video also. He likes the old nova to lol. Your living proof on why its so important to pass our knowledge and hobby down to our children. Thank you for letting us all share in your memory. Be safe bud 

• Like 1